One of my Pygs vanished???

Aminah Undone

I'm not kidding... not even a little. One of the Brev's has been missing since yesterday, after their breakfast. I didn't think much of it, as one is usually pretty stealth. When I didn't see her this morning, however, I dismantled the Exo and didn't find her. I don't know what to do.. what to think... what could have happened.

The Exo is perfectly secure. The other girl doesn't look exceptionally more plump around the middle. None of the fallen leaves are actually a fallen Pyg. I'm at a loss.

Anyone ever experienced this?

Thank you, Carol! The little joker was sitting on a branch right under her sister when I went back to look again. There must be a crevice in the huge cork bark that lines the back, so even though I pulled it out and stuck my fingers in all the deep grooves and knot holes.. she was being clever. :rolleyes:

I was sure she was gone when I put more crickets in this morning and she didn't come out. She's usually the first to hunt. Today, she arrived late to breakfast. :rolleyes:

Lol, I had this happen to me to like a week or so ago looked for him for nearly 30 minutes. Just as I was about to give up the search he started climbing my finger.

That's scary, but funny! I have a 1.6 group of pygs in a single enclosure, and for months I never counted more than 5. I never found dead bodies, and began questionning if I ever had 7 in there in the first place. A couple of weeks ago my husband left me a note saying that he had actually counted 7! A few days later I counted 7 as well, but since then our usual sighting is no more than 5 at a time. I guess they're doing a good job of being chameleons. :)

They can be surprisingly hard to miss! I almost never count all my temporalis at one time.

One time I had a litle brev escape (I have no idea how as the enclosure was closed) and he hopped off the stand. The continued to walk another 3 or so feet over to a plant. the pot was 5" tall and he somehow managed to get past the pot and onto the plant. AND to make it all worse, it was a thick fern so he hid in the middle! If I remember correctly, I think he and a female escaped. She ended up 15 feet across the room under a desk!

From your stories, I am feeling less like an idiot! :D

When I couldn't find her for more than a day, my heart plummeted. Their viv is in my reptile room/art studio... wall to wall to ceiling worth of vivs, random viv furnishings and supplies, and art supplies. If she were out, I had no hope of finding her short of a miracle.

Sometimes I try to count mine at night when their colour is a bit lighter. Even with the light dim, I get several pairs of little stink eyes looking at me like "What the hell are you looking in here for?". I apologize and turn down the light. Naughty beasts.

I saw where you ask me to close this thread, but i have been having so much fun reading it, I just couldn't close it.:eek:

When I couldn't find her for more than a day, my heart plummeted. Their viv is in my reptile room/art studio... wall to wall to ceiling worth of vivs, random viv furnishings and supplies, and art supplies. If she were out, I had no hope of finding her short of a miracle.

They make it their life's work to make us feel like idiots ... at least that's what they told me. :D

Don't feel stupid, I lost Bulbasaur, whose a seven month old male panther, in his cage one evening. He was inside the Pothos, which I looked through three times and removed from the cage. I looked down and he was RUNNING from the plant wearing his PJs across the floor. What a rude awakening just because I'm half blind, haha.

Shoot, I cant find my mellers sometimes! You would think that a massive 300 gram mellers would be easy to spot, but I dont usually see him unless I look really hard. When I was little I always thought, "how on earth do bright chameleons, striped tigers, etc. hide when they stand out so much?" Well, I know now.

Back
Top Bottom