one mistking nozzle per cage?

Chester222

mistking

Hello,

I have two panthers in adjacent cages. I want to get a mistking. My question is can I buy one system that can mist both cages? or do I need to buy two systems? I think I could run two nozzles, one in either cage, but I'm not sure since I've never had one.
thanks!

so new question. is one nozzle per cage good enough? I have two panthers in adjacent 24X24X48 cages. otherwise mistking sells some nozzles that have two, three and four nozzles.

Yeah, one nozzle in either of the back corners facing in will mist over a good portion of the cage. However, two nozzles would also work if you wanted a greater amount of water! An example would be misting some species of "montane" chameleons or...C. parsonii - who I hear are stubborn drinkers :rolleyes:.

thanks!
I was thinking about putting the misters above the cage so it falls on the screen and forms droplets. This is how my chams currently drink. Sound good or should I put the nozzles inside the cage?

thanks!
I was thinking about putting the misters above the cage so it falls on the screen and forms droplets. This is how my chams currently drink. Sound good or should I put the nozzles inside the cage?

I would out the nozzles inside the cage. There's a product called the RainDome which does exactly what you explained - sprays it onto the screen which falls in large droplets like rain - however I feel like simply putting the nozzle inside the cage is easier.

I have tried both and my chams seems to prefer drinking the droplets off of the screen. Mistking sells an attachment for putting the nozzle in the screen cage and it works, but the chams almost seemed bummed they couldn't drink from the screen, lol...

All you have to do is install the nozzle inside the cage. If you get tired of misting and you want water droplets on the screen, just put a shallow dish, or shallow tupperware on top of the cage and aim the misting nozzle from inside the tank into that container. You will have droplets falling down in no time and overspray will be caught with the tupperware container. Since you will be spraying the top screen at an angle (not straight down) you will get more even coverage and better droplet formation. Nozzles are 'hollow cones' so if you spray down you will virtually create just a ring on the screen that will drip hard and overspray that will drip less.

hi chester,i have a monsoon that has 2 nozzles and i have adjacent cages as well,i have one nozzle mounted inside of one so it sprays upwards and across at same time and this gives my biggest cham his preference of drinking both from the top of the screen and the leaves stay wet from the spray across the home so he can drink both ways,my baby cham's nozzle is mounted outside and on top of the home so it litterally rains through the screen in droplets,he likes this better so thats what i give him..i think either way you decide to mount the nozzles is fine,just watch your chams and see what they preffer and voila!! lol..:)

Back
Top Bottom