One lucky hatchling!

PantherVeileD

So i have a group of eggs that was sitting in the incubator for a bit now!
I took a break from breeding so these were the last retained clutch I didn't expect to hatch. Just because it took very long and the eggs didn't really grow much.

I've been peeking in the incubator for the past 4 months!! Two weeks ago I found one crawling around! Several days later one egg had a slit. 4-5 days later, nothing, and then there was mold that built up. He didn't make it!

Just this week another egg had a slit. Its been 4-5 days again and he is still in there. So I didn't want to lose another one and was hoping for a miracle. I know not to cut the eggs open and help it out (i tried it once) I use nail clippers and clip the egg shells. Yeah I know if they are not stong enough to leave the egg on their own then they might not have a chance to make it.

I tried something different because when I picked it up the egg was kind of dried and hard. I clipped a small part of the shell to make a bigger opening. Put it in a different container and brought it inside the shower. I turned on the hot water for 15 mins and then let it sit in the shower for another 15 mins. Next, I put the container on top of the UVB fixture. Two hrs later I saw a baby chameleon sitting on top of the container looking at me as I was watching TV. Scared me because underneath the UVB light was the first chameleon baby that hatched and I wonder how did he get up there?? There was no way that baby can climb out of that container. Was taller then him!! But smart guy used his own egg shell to climb to the top!

I don't usually like to post all that much but just wanted to share my miracle story that just happened tonight. In hope that if some of you ever run into this situtation you can try this method. I got lucky and my prayer for a miracle had been answered! :p I hope this guy thrives and doesn't run into anymore problems..

Thanks for reading!

Congrats on your babies especially the miracle baby. I have one of those miracle babies too and she'll be 9 months old at the end of this month.

Miracle for sure. I hope the baby survives the first month but it sounds like you have a fighter so it should do well with proper care. Congrats to him/her and you!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom