one eye open one eye shut

King Zeus

I am concerned about this eye thing with my girl should I get her to a vet or is it normal? She is also rolling her eye around a lot with it closed could a stick or branch have poked her in the eye and damaged it? When she does open it it doesn't look to be hamed still has a nice golden yellow ring and puple looks fine maybe I'm freaking for no reason can someone ease my mind please. My pygmy does the same thing ive noticed also.

if she is constantly keeping the eye shut i would be worried, but chams do weird stuff cleaning their eyes sometimes. there are some misting techniques i've heard of for this but nothing i have done myself...

hey could you fill this out, it will help everyone get all the info to better help you :) a chameleon closing its eye can be from a bunch of different reasons.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Back
Top Bottom