One eye not closed, instead it’s white.

Savannaaaa221

Hello! My chameleon is 5 months old, he eats about 5 crickets everyday or every other day. He lives in a open enclosure plenty of dripping water. I dust the crickets with calcium vitamins. When he goes through the day his eyes are both fine, however one day he was cleaning his eye and now whenever he sleeps he keeps that one eye open and his pupil is not seen. (I’ve attached photo). I appreciate any help!

@Savannaaaa221 please take a moment and fill this out, itll help us help you figure out how to help :)

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?

Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.

Photos can be very helpful.

@Savannaaaa221 please take a moment and fill this out, itll help us help you figure out how to help :)

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?

Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.

Photos can be very helpful.
My chameleon is a male he is five months old, I’ve have him for about a month. I handle him at least four times a week. I feed him 5 crickets every day or every other day if the crickets from the last day are still there. I dust the crickets with calcium. My chameleon drinks from a little dripper. I mist the cage twice a day. His cage is a screen cage. He has a 100 W bulb, his lights go on at 7 am and off at 7pm. He has a 80-78 degree rage of his cage. There aren’t any live plants. There’s a vent to the left of his cage. His left eye, when he sleeps, remains open and I tried giving him a bath. He just recently shed but the problem persists.

My chameleon is a male he is five months old, I’ve have him for about a month. I handle him at least four times a week. I feed him 5 crickets every day or every other day if the crickets from the last day are still there. I dust the crickets with calcium. My chameleon drinks from a little dripper. I mist the cage twice a day. His cage is a screen cage. He has a 100 W bulb, his lights go on at 7 am and off at 7pm. He has a 80-78 degree rage of his cage. There aren’t any live plants. There’s a vent to the left of his cage. His left eye, when he sleeps, remains open and I tried giving him a bath. He just recently shed but the problem persists.

@Beman figured I'd pull an experienced Vieled keeper in here :)

This is not enough information. Please copy and paste then fill out the form with much more detail. I see no mention of any UVB lighting for instance.

Back
Top Bottom