One eye closed?

boondyke69

Established Member
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
ambanja panther, Male 1 year 6 months old,I have had him 1 year

Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
most days, he is very friendly & outgoing

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
im feeding him crickets & dubia roaches,he eats between 2-4 a day,i feed him free range & hand feed, I gutload with flukers cricket cubes & fruit

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
calcium plus every day

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
misting, mist for 2 mins 4 times a day, yes I see him drink everyday

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
his poop is black one end and white the other,he has had a fecal & he is clean

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
exoterra 24 x 36 x 18

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
35 watt heat bulb, sun 5 uv , lighting on 12hrs a day

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
basking temp between 80 & 85,ambient 76f,overnight temp between 68 & 70

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
between 40% & 70%,

Plants - Are you using live plants? I can't manage to keep a live plant, anywhere in the house...

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
in the end of the room,the cage is 6ft at the highest point

Location - Where are you geographically located?
US, NY

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
James Cagney has been keeping his left eye shut a lot, he seemed to have a piece of skin stuck there at his last shed (about 1.5 weeks ago).

I am dropping him off at the exotic vet's office tomorrow AM & they will look at him.

any ideas for relief for him? he does that creepy thing where he sucks ghis eye in & rolls it around.

I took him to the vet yesterday & they flushed his eye (such a tiny eye) & he is home with eye drops for 7 days. They said he was so good & just let them do whatever they needed, but of course they fell in love with him!

The same thing happened with my well.
I used a little humid cotton and I used carefully in his eye, he began to scratch his eye on cotton and 3 minutes later came a little skin

Back
Top Bottom