? on Outside

camimom

So I took my 5 week old Veiled male cham, Kink (formally Camo) outside for the first time today to enjoy the great weather (and so his mom could clean her car) and I looked at him and he was black! I know they go darker to get more heat, but even when hes directly under his basking spot he has never been black! I couldn't get a good picture of it, so sorry no pics. Just wondering if any of your chams turn that dark when outside. (and no it wasnt too cold, warmer outside than in my house)

Side note- He has a bi-color zipper! lol, from his chin to his throat it is orange, and from his throat on back it's white... hehe it's cute.

Like a solar panel dark absorbs heat better.

They can tell the difference between real sunlight and artificial lighting.

Leave him out there for a while and the black will change again to lighter coloring.

If you come around my yard in the early morning after a cool night, you will see many dark and flattened out like little solar panels.

LOL, never had mine go quite that dark, guess he wanted to suck up the sunshine!
Assume he lightened up after a while?
May not have been heat related, first time outside may have freaked him out. :)

LOL, never had mine go quite that dark, guess he wanted to suck up the sunshine!
Assume he lightened up after a while?
May not have been heat related, first time outside may have freaked him out. :)

he hasn't lighted up yet, but then again,hes only been outside for like 15 minutes. Maybe he did freak out, he def got alot more mobile, cage cruising everywhere, dangling from the ceiling.

I expect its just a little alarmed, but those rays are doing it a world of good.
Whatever you do be sure if it goes very light, you give it shade or take it in,
little lizards can overheat quick.
Nothing better than enjoying the sun with your lizard/s on a nice day.
I take a magazine and some coffee with me, though I havent managed to change color much yet! :)

I expect its just a little alarmed, but those rays are doing it a world of good.
Whatever you do be sure if it goes very light, you give it shade or take it in,
little lizards can overheat quick.
Nothing better than enjoying the sun with your lizard/s on a nice day.
I take a magazine and some coffee with me, though I havent managed to change color much yet! :)

Yea, I figured UVB bulbs dont equal the sun much. Its cage is in half shade half sun, so if he gets warm he can move, he's also got plants he can hide under.
I finished the car so now I'm inside cleaning the house and puppy proofing, hes sittin gontop of my smoker just cruising all over the place. still black though.

Back
Top Bottom