OMG , the worms were eating at her!

It's rare feeders chew on animals... its typical of a sick animal when it does happen though. I had a young melleri who had his/her tail chewed in half to the bone.... we had to remove the tail from the wound down. Chris is his/her name... and doing quite well now. Chris was very weak when all that happened. After a week or so of the tail being removed he stared rebounding actually. Growing, eating.... Chris is now a good size..... but has some marbles missing in his brain lol. He is a tail biter. This is typical of runt melleri though. Chris has to be kept in his own cage, but does very well in there with other melleri in sight, but not able to go after.

the neosporin is fine to use. I am not sure why she is in a laying bin though, she does not look gravid at all. If she isn't digging in a couple of hours of being in a solitair bin without being disturbed by you... she isn't ready to lay any eggs. I'd had chams who are ready to burst not lay even when left alone for a bit... best bet is to drop her into the bin in the morning and if no action, remove her.

Again. That's rare to happen. I know you don't think so, but I know for a fact it is. I've talked to many people about it because I thought my female was gravid.

But this is not the place for this argument. So if you have problems, message me.

Now the vet they reffered me in sudbury is telling me they don't take exotic pets anymore, so i'm waiting for a emergency vet line to call meee... she's not doing good at all, she can't move , her eyes are sunken in, shes not eating .. shes laying in the face cloth :( she had her mouth open so i sprayed some water in her mouth and got some more sand out, i'm so mad right now & no one in this house take me serious about my chameleon! Tell them to be quiet and don't bang around seing as the chameleons not doing good, i have her in my room .. ugh im so frustrated on the phone wit the vet now..

jesus thats insane, ive never seen such a thing. i would have figured she would be able to have fended them off.

was she stuck in a container with them?

was she not doing well to begin with? becuase i cant believe she wouldnt have been able to stop that before it got so bad!

she was in a laying bin and everyone told me to put some food in there with her, the crickets would be to fast for her & yeah she wasn`t doing very well, one day it just got super bad, she seemed to be doing very well , like everyone says, its hard to see a chameleons symptoms before there already severe.. i made an appointment with the vet for monday, i hope she lasts till them , i`m gonna try and give her some more repta aid mixed with calcium :( now i need to find a ride, because no one else fucking cares! :(
The vet said i can`t do anything else from at home that she needs care , because they`ll have to give her injections of fluids or calcium. and do a xray to see if she has eggs :(

What the vet is saying sound correct. She is in need of very experienced care form them and the equipment they have. I so wish they could have gotten you in sooner. She does sound gravely ill, so I do hope for the best. Is someone able to give you a ride to the vet office?

What the vet is saying sound correct. She is in need of very experienced care form them and the equipment they have. I so wish they could have gotten you in sooner. She does sound gravely ill, so I do hope for the best. Is someone able to give you a ride to the vet office?
I'm trying to get my dad to come down to timmins on sunday to give me a ride to sudbury monday morning , the appointment is at 2, Kinyonga told me to put her in a small box with a wet facecloth for her to grip and a hot bottle of water attached to the outside of the box to keep her warm... i just gave her a warm shower, for about 30 minutes and put her back in her cage on a facecloth, her skin felt super dry so i put her in there for a while & took her out and put more pollysporin on her boo boo, i realy hope she makes it till monday:(

I'm trying to get my dad to come down to timmins on sunday to give me a ride to sudbury monday morning , the appointment is at 2, Kinyonga told me to put her in a small box with a wet facecloth for her to grip and a hot bottle of water attached to the outside of the box to keep her warm... i just gave her a warm shower, for about 30 minutes and put her back in her cage on a facecloth, her skin felt super dry so i put her in there for a while & took her out and put more pollysporin on her boo boo, i realy hope she makes it till monday:(
I sure hope she does too. Good luck and fingers crossed.

she was in a laying bin and everyone told me to put some food in there with her, the crickets would be to fast for her & yeah she wasn`t doing very well, one day it just got super bad, she seemed to be doing very well , like everyone says, its hard to see a chameleons symptoms before there already severe.. i made an appointment with the vet for monday, i hope she lasts till them , i`m gonna try and give her some more repta aid mixed with calcium :( now i need to find a ride, because no one else fucking cares! :(
The vet said i can`t do anything else from at home that she needs care , because they`ll have to give her injections of fluids or calcium. and do a xray to see if she has eggs :(

First, I am sorry to hear about your chameleon.

Second, whoever told you to put some food in the bin with her shouldnt be giving information at all. This will only bother her more and more than likely cause her to not want to lay her eggs.

Third, there is a lot of crap information just in this thread. You really need to be careful of who you take information from on this forum. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who have kept chams for 6 months and think they know everything about them when in fact they know just about jack.

I hope things turn out well for you and your cham.

Last edited:
Poor girl:( I feel bad for both of you. I hope everything works out for the best, and that somebody around you can at least show some compassion.

Best of luckk

Back
Top Bottom