Omg omg finally

Char333p

Avid Member
So my enclosure is pretty dense... so always had trouble getting him out, now I noticed he's trusted me more and more over past few months, no more flare ups but still hesitant to come more then 2 feet onto my hands but i tempted him out with super worms and finally was able to get him out...

First time in actual sun.... i know horrible for not trying harder. But made sure his uvb bulbs were changed 6months so it'll be sufficient. But hopefully now he knows when I want him out its to soak up some sun.

And yes I know he needs some coverage as well as something higher up, but this is hopefully the beginning of a long summer of pure unfiltered sunlight

Attachments

• 20200530_170528.jpg
    20200530_170528.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 77
He tried going on the grass at one point, I know chams feel safer up high, was he feeling unsafe or is it OK for a cham to walk on grass for a few moment? It was his first time so I am not surprised if he was nervous

It's not horrible of you for not trying harder, it's good. Handling should be at the chameleons pace to avoid stress. Mine was initially hesitant to come out but eventually started trusting me more and more and it's no problem getting him out anymore.

It's ok to let them walk on the grass to snap a few pics assuming the grass is not treated with anything, but do not leave them outside unattended. A bird or another animal can snatch your cham.

So my enclosure is pretty dense... so always had trouble getting him out, now I noticed he's trusted me more and more over past few months, no more flare ups but still hesitant to come more then 2 feet onto my hands but i tempted him out with super worms and finally was able to get him out...

First time in actual sun.... i know horrible for not trying harder. But made sure his uvb bulbs were changed 6months so it'll be sufficient. But hopefully now he knows when I want him out its to soak up some sun.

And yes I know he needs some coverage as well as something higher up, but this is hopefully the beginning of a long summer of pure unfiltered sunlight
I’m doing the same over here. Baby steps...
E44D095B-3B49-4371-8529-0DB654D9FD3B.jpeg

It's not horrible of you for not trying harder, it's good. Handling should be at the chameleons pace to avoid stress. Mine was initially hesitant to come out but eventually started trusting me more and more and it's no problem getting him out anymore.

It's ok to let them walk on the grass to snap a few pics assuming the grass is not treated with anything, but do not leave them outside unattended. A bird or another animal can snatch your cham.

Nah I was sitting very close... we have stray cats around too .. not as many as we used to thankfull but never know... i have such a horrible green thumb I had a majesty palm I wanted for outside so he'd have something high to chill in ... brought it in over winter n it died lol.. may have to go silk haha

I dont handle him really much at all... but I'm just hoping he'll associate coming out of his enclosure with "oooh feel good sunlight" want him to get his vitamins n better health from sunlight. Least few times a week...

Who wouldn't love to have a constant handle-able chameleom though, shame the don't typically like attention, they just pretty, cool creatures

My enclosure makes it partically difficult to reach for him though it has a foot or so of a top clear piece then the door ... so if he goes high up its hard to coax him onto my hand... blah

Attachments

• 20200530_220742.jpg
    20200530_220742.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 71
Nah I was sitting very close... we have stray cats around too .. not as many as we used to thankfull but never know... i have such a horrible green thumb I had a majesty palm I wanted for outside so he'd have something high to chill in ... brought it in over winter n it died lol.. may have to go silk haha

I dont handle him really much at all... but I'm just hoping he'll associate coming out of his enclosure with "oooh feel good sunlight" want him to get his vitamins n better health from sunlight. Least few times a week...

Who wouldn't love to have a constant handle-able chameleom though, shame the don't typically like attention, they just pretty, cool creatures

Japanese maple trees are great and ficus trees, for a cham to chill on outside, they grow perfect on a doorstep in indirect light and provide good coverage just for an idea, that's what I use

Japanese maple trees are great and ficus trees, for a cham to chill on outside, they grow perfect on a doorstep in indirect light and provide good coverage just for an idea, that's what I use
Oh yes, I forgot bout ficus I have a small one in his enclosure, wanted to get bigger one for house an to bring outside. And since they're good in indirect light it should survive winter inside

Super worms are not a good feeder insect. If you do feed them out clip the pinchers off. I have seen a chameleon eat one to only be killed by it eating through the gut.

Also high in fat and super high in phosphorus. Ok as a snack. The chance of the superworm surviving the chews is slim.

Back
Top Bottom