Old to reptiles.... new to chameleons

zlatybazant

Hi everyone,

I'm sure a ton of new folks pass in and out often, but I thought I would take the time to introduce myself.

I live in Nova Scotia, Canada with my fiancee and our "zoo". We have 9 snakes (milk, corn, ball, and W hognose), 4 geckos (all leos), 2 green tree frogs, 2 fire-bellied toads, and an American bullfrog. That's the scales section. On the mammal side we have a cat, rabbit, 2 horses, and 2 goats.

We are both animal science graduates so our animals are a large part of our lives.

Yesterday we were at a local reptile expo and there was a vendor with chameleons for sale. For as long as I can remember I've wanted a chameleon; when he let me handle one little guy (a flap neck) I was sold!

Knowing quite a bit about other reptiles we felt we were ready for a new experience.... and I'm not too fussy over the snakes so it was time for a ME pet.

I've been researching every spare minute I've got since, and this forum has been quite helpful thus far. I hadn't realized he would be eating so many crickets, but it'll just mean a couple more trips to the pet store for them. Other than that he's settled in nicely.

I would be very interested to know which vendor had flaps. Did they have any other species, specifically montanes?

I'm still learning the lingo so I'm not sure what montane pertains to... but he had Mellers (?), two-horned (?) chameleons, and Fishers (?) dwarf chameleons.

The dealer was Northeast Exotics (not the UK dealer). We have dealt with him for our milksnakes and had no problems, so we were confident when we bought it. He told us they were imported and captive bred.

Here he is!
n507049428_785081_1794.jpg

He doesn't like my better half

n507049428_785082_2065.jpg

Welcome to the forum :)
That's an adorable little flapper

Where in Nova Scotia are you? I lived in the Halifax area for a few years, some years ago.

welcome

Yes these guys truly grow on you. That flap neck is so cool looking. I am sure you will have no worries with it. Welcome to the forum!

Back
Top Bottom