Ok to leave Dubia in food dish overnight?

WashingtonCham

Established Member
My 4 month old panther cham didn’t eat all of his Dubia Roaches today and I’m wondering if it’s ok to leave them in there over night till tomorrow as long as their still alive? Obviously wouldn’t wanna leave to many cuz they wouldn’t be properly gut loaded but just wondering if it’s a big deal to leave couple. They can’t get out of the chameleon feeder cup.

My 4 month old panther cham didn’t eat all of his Dubia Roaches today and I’m wondering if it’s ok to leave them in there over night till tomorrow as long as their still alive? Obviously wouldn’t wanna leave to many cuz they wouldn’t be properly gut loaded but just wondering if it’s a big deal to leave couple. They can’t get out of the chameleon feeder cup.
I have an easy cup to remove so I just take what ever is not eaten out and put back in so they can gutload until the next feeding

I have an easy cup to remove so I just take what ever is not eaten out and put back in so they can gutload until the next feeding
Ok yah I got the chameleon runner from full throttle and it’s the 4 inch cuz it’s for my large atrium when it arrives but for now it’s huge inside his little cage and a pain in the rear end to get out especially without scaring him. I think they stop moving then he won’t eat them that’s another problem I have. I hand feed as many as I can before I have to go to work but any suggestions on a way to fix that? Should I throw a chunk of gutload in the feeder bowl? (I just worry if my cham accidentally grabbed it on accident with his tongue, but I guess it wouldn’t hurt him.) I’ve let some free roam to but I find they just find a corner and do the same thing not move to stay warm.

Ok yah I got the chameleon runner from full throttle and it’s the 4 inch cuz it’s for my large atrium when it arrives but for now it’s huge inside his little cage and a pain in the rear and to get out especially without scaring him. I think they stop moving then he won’t eat them that’s another problem I have. I hand feed as many as I can before I have to go to work but any suggestions on a way to fix that? Should I throw a chunk of gutload in the feeder bowl? (I just worry if my cham accidentally grabbed it on accident with his tongue, but I guess it wouldn’t hurt him.) I’ve let some free roam to but I find they just find a corner and do the same thing not move to stay warm.
Yeah I don't free range the dubia. They are good at crawling into nice dark hiding spots... I use a regular cup for Beman so I do pull mine out since it is easier. I would not personally toss in the gutload just because it would be easy for the cham to grab it while trying to grab the dubia. So maybe position the feeder toward the front of the cage or even on the door so you have easy access for removal.

Yeah I don't free range the dubia. They are good at crawling into nice dark hiding spots... I use a regular cup for Beman so I do pull mine out since it is easier. I would not personally toss in the gutload just because it would be easy for the cham to grab it while trying to grab the dubia. So maybe position the feeder toward the front of the cage or even on the door so you have easy access for removal.
That’s a good plan. I kind of shot myself in the foot cuz I built his cage then ordered the feeder so had to find a place it fit between but maybe I’ll just make my own smaller feeder to use till I get my other cage cuz I don’t want feeding him to be a scary experience me always pulling that huge thing out of his cage

Back
Top Bottom