Ok, new Cham and new cage... Setup ideas..?

jfulcher

Here's my Cham and cage:
ju8ymamu.jpg

dajehe6e.jpg

I have since rearranged the vines and logs. He's getting a tree in it tomorrow, and possibly a waterfall.
We have a mister in it that goes off 8times a day for two minutes. We built it. It leads to all our Cham cages. Planning on putting a repti fogger on it to help with humidity... Will a 10.0 UVB be good? He stays near the top, we have it on a table now.mso he's a good seven or so feet up. Just toss me some ideas so Rango can be happy. ^__^

Use 5.0 UVB and don't get a waterfall because of bacteria. I Understamd that you are getting a tree but a few more vines or branches that led to the top would be good. Hope this help:)

Use 5.0 UVB and don't get a waterfall because of bacteria. I Understamd that you are getting a tree but a few more vines or branches that led to the top would be good. Hope this help:)

Well, I put our "Money Tree" in his cage. Figure they both need each other. ;)
Higher humidity for the tree & more frequent waterings from the mister.
And Rango gets a neato tree to climb on!!! Plus his droppings will fertilize the tree...!

I have a black thumb, yet have managed to keep this darn tree alive for six months or more!!! So it deserves a good use!!!

Here's a pic of it in the cage, and yes I WILL be putting more in the cage!:
ranaqyve.jpg

ady3aru6.jpg

pura8e3a.jpg

Rangos still deciding whether its a TRAP or a GIFT!!! LOL!!!

The cage looks beautiful to me, but I'm a cham newbie. The waterfall comment was right, I'm pretty sure that can create some really unwanted bacteria for Rango.

TYVM!!! I'm just grabbing stuffs from around the house!!! Here's what his cage looks like now minus the fogger, found a way to squeeze it into the baby's cage lol! But now we got succulents, money tree, bamboo, philodendron.... All sorts of stuff!!!

Haven't had a chance to take pix of the baby's cage yet, but I found some teeny tiny snips of philodendron, and a tiny broken piece of succulent to put in there!!! And stole some bamboo from my bettas... I like to use water gel crystals for alot of my cage plants... So the "soil" isn't toxic.... I also use it for my roaches...! I think the baby is slightly confused with the repti fogger... Not sure if she should be afraid of it, or love it... XD~
Kids, don't you love them!

Rango is doing VERY well!!! Eating like a champ for the most part... Seems to be afraid of larger roaches... o_O? NOT THE BABY THO!!! She gobbled them right up!!! She has some gall!!!

ANYWAYS... Enjoy the pix!!! ^__^

avubydam.jpg

jepy9yhy.jpg

he6apuba.jpg

taze4a4a.jpg

gy7u2y9a.jpg

evyqy3eh.jpg

9ehu6a3u.jpg

na2u9y9e.jpg

apazyjyh.jpg

I'm pretty sure philodendron is poisoness to veileds. He shouldn't be in all glass. Shouldn't have substrate. And needs a screen cage with more vines. If its glass on the top of the tank don't use it. UVB won't get through it. And a 10.0 is way too strong for a baby. It could blind him.

Back
Top Bottom