Oh oh!! Eaargh! That's just wrong!

Feebo

My male Veiled was in the full throes of his shed the other day and unlike my female on the last shed, looked to be doing what I'd expect, rubbing himself on a brance and making some effort to remove the skin. Both his eyes had big flappy bits of skin getting in his way as I offered some food and I could see it was bothering him. What happened next took me totally by surprise!! lol He actually SUCKED IN his eyes!! :eek: :eek: I saw the whole eye socket empty as he did so! Once empty he then proceeded to really roughly rub it on a branch to free the skin. The green skin that makes up part of the "eyelid" was floppy he'd sucked his eyes in so far! lol I couldn't believe what I was seeing at first lol I suppose closing the mouth and moving that big tongue in the right way causes the eyes to be sucked into the head. I didn't know they did that! lol

LOL. Yea i misted my Cham one time and got some water in his eye, and he did the same thing!!:eek:

apparently it's normal. lol Wish i could do that! Got caught in a gust of wind and got all kinds of dust in my eye. I was screwed for a good 5 minutes in fetal position.

I've only ever seen Karma kind of rotate his eyes inside the skin before when misted, I heard they even can drink from their eyeballs? Strange and magnificent creatures.

Ah, now you know the good, the bad, and the ugly realities of cham keeping. What amazes me is thinking about what they have to do to shove those large eye orbits around in their skulls! What gets shifted and where to? But if you've ever looked at a cham's skull and contents it is amazing to see how little is actually packed in there; eyes and this tiny little ribbon of nerve and brain.

Just wait till he flashes the family jewels at ya! or you find his first sperm plug, or have to remove his first sperm plug from his vent!

Just wait till he flashes the family jewels at ya! or you find his first sperm plug, or have to remove his first sperm plug from his vent!

wow wow wow!! When were you going to warn me about this "plug" and their hemipenis showing games!!!??

I have 3 males!!:eek:

boys will be boys :D
I just figured he was happy to see me...with all his man junk out there for me see!.
Ahh, the sperm plug ain't no biggie, just kinda whitish, they usually wipe it off on a branch or the screen, or the back of my hand, which is the only place Krash will poop, he refuses to poop in his cage, go figure

boys will be boys :D
I just figured he was happy to see me...with all his man junk out there for me see!.
Ahh, the sperm plug ain't no biggie, just kinda whitish, they usually wipe it off on a branch or the screen, or the back of my hand, which is the only place Krash will poop, he refuses to poop in his cage, go figure

Anne, get Krash a girlfriend ASAP!!lol

They do not drink from the eye sockets. It does not work that way ...

debatable. technically humans do to. but saying "drink" is twisting reality. it's pretty much the same thing as the way we absorb water through or skin - same thing with our eyes, our eyes just let in a little bit of moisture. not a significant amount though

*giggle*
ah J, I know right?!? thank you for giving me a great laugh
He's all over his subadult hormones, I know this is why he ran away from home.

If I had a gf for him I might consider it. you and I know their boodlines, health and hardiness, so breeding my gentle, albeit potty trained to my hand, guy would make him content, like all boys :p

*giggle*
ah J, I know right?!? thank you for giving me a great laugh
He's all over his subadult hormones, I know this is why he ran away from home.

If I had a gf for him I might consider it. you and I know their boodlines, health and hardiness, so breeding my gentle, albeit potty trained to my hand, guy would make him content, like all boys :p

Haha. who else can say they have a potty trained chameleon?
So do you have to get him out every day to poo, or he wont go?

Haha. who else can say they have a potty trained chameleon?
So do you have to get him out every day to poo, or he wont go?

ok, 2 years ago I got my first WC Quad. he was so friendly right from the start that he would always want to come out of his cage when I would open his door to feed him. starting on day two of ownership he would walk onto my hand then after a min or two he would then poop on my hand.
for days he would poop on me with that ultra wet junk that also comes out when you are feeding gutloaded crickets that also have reptaid in them.

thankfully, I desided to not open his door to feed him untill he would first poop. that seemed to work after a day or so. I'm sure he was upset to never poop on me again, but he did have to learn to go on his own.

Quadzillia is still dearly missed and I hope that he gets the biggest hornworms in heaven.

Harry

someone once posted a link of a cham corpse that was bi-sected and you could see it internally, just how long its tongue is and where it goes once it retractes into its body. it was very interesting.

ok, 2 years ago I got my first WC Quad. he was so friendly right from the start that he would always want to come out of his cage when I would open his door to feed him. starting on day two of ownership he would walk onto my hand then after a min or two he would then poop on my hand.
for days he would poop on me with that ultra wet junk that also comes out when you are feeding gutloaded crickets that also have reptaid in them.

thankfully, I desided to not open his door to feed him untill he would first poop. that seemed to work after a day or so. I'm sure he was upset to never poop on me again, but he did have to learn to go on his own.

Quadzillia is still dearly missed and I hope that he gets the biggest hornworms in heaven.

Harry

haha!. You will NOT poop on me again Quadzilla! I mean it!

Oh crikey there's plenty more weirdness to come then! LOL I haven't done a great big WTF??!! Out loud since the seagull incident of 2001 lol About five in the morning I slowly stirred to a very strange sound in my bedroom. Like the sound glass makes when wet and you rub it. I lived at the top floor of a block of flats at the time. As I slowly woke, I heard sqeeeeeeeeeeeek......bump. Squeeeeeeeeeeeek..........bump. Over and over again for quite a while because it took a while to wake me! When I fully woke up and saw the baby seagull with it's great big ducky feet walking up my velux (45 degree roof window) window, then slowly sliding down it squeeeeeeeeeeek..... bump! I shouted out WTF???!!! and burst out laughing into a huge belly laugh I haven't equalled since! lol certainly not at that time in the morning. It carried on doing it for a few mintues too. What it thought was happening is anyone's guess lol

Back
Top Bottom