OH NO. Help!

Throwingstones

Avid Member
She was not like this before I left for work and just came home on lunch.

I really hope this is a shed but I think it’s a burn? I’m having anxiety now. I turned off my light. Will she be okay?! Oh I’m so terrible.

Attachments

• IMG_7886.jpeg
    IMG_7886.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7887.jpeg
    IMG_7887.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 27
That looks like the start of a shed. Deep breath...she looks just fine to me.

I see you have the Govee sensors, can you tell me what temps she was at while you were at work?

What are her basking temps?

What is the distance between her basking branch and her light?
That’s the sensor right by the spot. I recently found out that my basking spot is actually 95F and I have caught her gaping because she’s too hot. I have a lower watt light on the way. The distance is about 10in.
My first thought was it was a burn. Idk how long she sits in the basking spot but when I come home on lunch she’s usually there and it turns on at 7:30.

Attachments

• IMG_7889.png
    IMG_7889.png
    108.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7888.jpeg
    IMG_7888.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 24
That’s the sensor right by the spot. I recently found out that my basking spot is actually 95F and I have caught her gaping because she’s too hot. I have a lower watt light on the way. The distance is about 10in.
My first thought was it was a burn. Idk how long she sits in the basking spot but when I come home on lunch she’s usually there and it turns on at 7:30.
That looks ok to me. You can raise her basking lamp up a bit while you wait for her lower watt one to arrive. I have used those 'fancy' glass yogurt containers before and it worked great :)

Back
Top Bottom