Oggie Is 1 Year Old

topknot20

This Month Oggie turns 1 year old. So i figured id post some pics!!!

MoreOggie003.jpg

MoreOggie002.jpg

MoreOggie001.jpg

Thanks for the replys!! Oggie really is quite a badass with quite the temper!! If the door of the cage is closed the world is at peace... open that door and satan appears in reptillian form!! Oggie is just about as mean as another male that I had named Pyscho with the full works... head butting, chaseing after your fingers, bitting them and almost bitting through a leather glove!!! Oggie is so extremely strong for a cham also. His limbs are very thick as is his tail. and his jaw muscles are very large compared to other veileds Ive seen.

Oh yea... unlike the other persons veiled who loves the garden glove... Oggie has a viceral hate for them!!

Heres a few more pics.
MoreOggie005.jpg

MoreOggie012.jpg

Biting

Nice Cham! He does seem like a badass. I am raising a male 2 month old veiled. I have not yet been bitten by a reptile other than snakes. How are a veiled's bite strength? Should I be wearing a glove of some sorts when hand feeding or handeling him?

Hahaha... yea no hand in that glove!!

The whole bitting thing has more to do with the temperment of your cham. Ive had chams that are as friendly as can be and would never really fire up. They were easy to handle and working in there cages wasnt an issue. But then there are chams like Oggie who are just plain evil!! I would never try to handle him without gloves because his bite is very powerful and chams teeth are sharp!! So it really depends on the demeanor of each cham. At two months you probably wont get much biting but as he/she gets old that may change. You just kinda have to know your cham and know how they behave.

Part of the bitting thing too is I dont really ever handle my chams, and bitting seems to be Oggies perfered defense mechanism.

Back
Top Bottom