October 28th (Tues) South Bay Chameleon Keepers Meeting

Dave Weldon

Avid Member
Howdy All,

Just when we figured out how to get to the “new” meeting location, it’s changing again! Nathan has graciously invited us to his work location for the October meeting. It’s located in the northwest quadrant of where the 405 and the 10 freeways cross.

2001 S Barrington Ave.
Suite 201
Los Angeles, CA 90025

Here is a Google map link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2001+S+Barrington+Ave,+Los+Angeles,+CA+90025

Here’s the full Google map link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=....449633&spn=0.007575,0.017467&z=16&iwloc=addr

Nathan said:
“There should be more than enough room to accommodate everyone that showed up to the last meeting, including the chams and then some. As for parking, everyone is welcome to park in the garage that is just south of the building. The gate may be closed but I have a card key to open it. Otherwise, there is plenty of street parking in front of and next to the building.”

The "South Bay Chameleon Keepers" (SBCK) meetings are held on the last Tuesday of the month from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm. Meetings are pretty much free-flowing with all chameleon topics open for discussion. "Show and Tell" discussions are common. We're experimenting with group bulk-buys (silkworms etc.) at our meetings. Some members may be bringing dubias, silkworms, hornworms and crickets to sell but that's not guaranteed. Let us know if you are looking for these feeders (or anything else) and we'll try to confirm availability (pre-ordering) before the meeting. Some of us bring our chameleon books and magazines along with other various items to spark discussions.

Don't hesitate to RSVP with an email to: [email protected] if you think you might be coming. Didn't RSVP? Come anyway.

On your way and got lost? For this meeting, call Dave Weldon on his cell phone# 310-600-4793.

Our group ranges from long-time breeders to novice keepers. Lately, there have been 12-16 members attending. There are usually new members at every meeting.

Sorry, Dave Weldon probably won't be bringing his microscope to this new location for now.

No guarantees but there are usually snacks and drinks brought in by some of the attendees.

See You There,

SBCK

I have extra house flies this time. I will bring some cups with about 10g (500 Flies) of pupae in each if any one needs them . My Carpets love them but I bought too many.

I could use :

100 Butterworms
250 Superworms

Is someone extremely kind hearted is going to Mulberry :)

I could use:

50 small silkworms
50 medium silkworms
waxworms (not sure what qty they come in --50/100?)
100 superworms

And Steve's amazing chow.

PM me your orders for Mulberry.

I will PM you back to confirm. Sunday I will pickup the orders. I will let you know on the prices ASAP, the prices will be lower than online PLUS no shipping costs.

Please keep in mind that they don't always have the stock to fill all the orders, so I will fill orders based on who messages me first. It is in your best interest to decide and PM me asap. I will try to let you know if your order will be able to be filled by Friday.

Sometimes I get a good deal on LARGE horn worms (geared towards breeding). If you would like to know more about them, let me know.

And Steve is your cricket and cricket crack man.

Last edited:
Parking

Here's a quick update for the parking, The garage is to the left of the building as you are looking at the front doors. The gate automatically closes sometime between 8 and 830. Anyone that arrives before the gate closes is welcome to park anywhere in the structure, but keep going up until you see my red motorcycle on the left, pick any spot(reserved is fine to use) and you will go thru the door, down a few stairs, straight up the hall to suite 201 near the end. If there are any latecomers(after around 8:15) you'll need to call me or dave to get let in. My cell number is 310-570-5101

I can get the waxworms: 3 bucks for 100 - Guess I'll be covered in dust this weekend, making a fresh batch on chow. :rolleyes:
Kevin should be able to get everything else on yours and Ryan's list.
Is someone extremely kind hearted is going to Mulberry :)

I could use:

50 small silkworms
50 medium silkworms
waxworms (not sure what qty they come in --50/100?)
100 superworms

And Steve's amazing chow.

I need Cricket Crack!

Hey Steve, I can use a pound or two of your famous chow since you're making a new batch just for us! If you are doing a cricket run I can use 1000 pinheads too.
Thanks

Last edited:
Fun Stuff...

I could use any Mulberry Chow if anyone has some... If not, I could add that to the items I sent to Kevin.

I also have a Red Ear Slider Turtle that was found crossing the Road... I need to find a good home for this guy if anyone is interested in a turtle... You would need a BIG tank... Or a pond... Appears to be male...about 8 inches long.

I got my hands on a significant amount of water crystals. The ones sold wet in the jar for crickets.

The ones I have are dry. All you have to do is add water and Bam! there you go. For best results. Put 1 oz of the crystals in Distilled water and let it sit. Dump out excess water. If you like the Yellow ones at the store , add food coloring. :D

I am selling enough dry crystals to make 2 full gallons wet for $5. If you buy two packs (enough for 4 gal) I will give you a pack (enough for 2 gal free). Thats enough crystals to make 6 gal for $10.

Fun Stuff...

I could use any Mulberry Chow if anyone has some... If not, I could add that to the items I sent to Kevin.

I also have a Red Ear Slider Turtle that was found crossing the Road... I need to find a good home for this guy if anyone is interested in a turtle... You would need a BIG tank... Or a pond... Appears to be male...about 8 inches long.

Bring him to the meeting, if noone wants him you can release him in the buildings pond no problem...Also I do have an extra tub of the mulberry chow that you are welcome to, it's been in my fridge for a little over a week now and is unopened.

Sounds good... I would appreciate the chow. I will bring him along, He is pretty cool little guy.. Wish I had the space for him.

I got my hands on a significant amount of water crystals. The ones sold wet in the jar for crickets.

The ones I have are dry. All you have to do is add water and Bam! there you go. For best results. Put 1 oz of the crystals in Distilled water and let it sit. Dump out excess water. If you like the Yellow ones at the store , add food coloring. :D

I am selling enough dry crystals to make 2 full gallons wet for $5. If you buy two packs (enough for 4 gal) I will give you a pack (enough for 2 gal free). Thats enough crystals to make 6 gal for $10.

I'll take $5 worth

Fruit Fly Cultures

Hi Everyone,

This is what I'm bringing to the meeting:

Fruit Fly Cultures - Hydei (6)
Fruit Fly Cultures - Melanogaster (18)
1000 Superworms (1)

Should I bring houseflies too? I just received another 100 grams.

If you need several of anything, please let me know so I can modify the order. It will be placed on Monday for pick-up Tuesday morning.

As always, I'm really looking forward to seeing you all. Take care!

Hi Everyone,

This is what I'm bringing to the meeting:

Fruit Fly Cultures - Hydei (6)
Fruit Fly Cultures - Melanogaster (18)
1000 Superworms (1)

Should I bring houseflies too? I just received another 100 grams.

If you need several of anything, please let me know so I can modify the order. It will be placed on Monday for pick-up Tuesday morning.

As always, I'm really looking forward to seeing you all. Take care!

Hey, I am bringing Supers :mad: LOL:D

Elisa, do you need any other kind of worm? I am headed to Mulberry on Sunday.

Edit: Can I call dibs on some house flies?

Howdy All,

Just when we figured out how to get to the “new” meeting location, it’s changing again! Nathan has graciously invited us to his work location for the October meeting. It’s located in the northwest quadrant of where the 405 and the 10 freeways cross.

2001 S Barrington Ave.
Suite 201
Los Angeles, CA 90025

Here is a Google map link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2001+S+Barrington+Ave,+Los+Angeles,+CA+90025

Here’s the full Google map link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=....449633&spn=0.007575,0.017467&z=16&iwloc=addr

Nathan said:
“There should be more than enough room to accommodate everyone that showed up to the last meeting, including the chams and then some. As for parking, everyone is welcome to park in the garage that is just south of the building. The gate may be closed but I have a card key to open it. Otherwise, there is plenty of street parking in front of and next to the building.”

The "South Bay Chameleon Keepers" (SBCK) meetings are held on the last Tuesday of the month from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm. Meetings are pretty much free-flowing with all chameleon topics open for discussion. "Show and Tell" discussions are common. We're experimenting with group bulk-buys (silkworms etc.) at our meetings. Some members may be bringing dubias, silkworms, hornworms and crickets to sell but that's not guaranteed. Let us know if you are looking for these feeders (or anything else) and we'll try to confirm availability (pre-ordering) before the meeting. Some of us bring our chameleon books and magazines along with other various items to spark discussions.

Don't hesitate to RSVP with an email to: [email protected] if you think you might be coming. Didn't RSVP? Come anyway.

On your way and got lost? For this meeting, call Dave Weldon on his cell phone# 310-600-4793.

Our group ranges from long-time breeders to novice keepers. Lately, there have been 12-16 members attending. There are usually new members at every meeting.

Sorry, Dave Weldon probably won't be bringing his microscope to this new location for now.

No guarantees but there are usually snacks and drinks brought in by some of the attendees.

See You There,

SBCK
Drats - well I won't quite make this meeting, but will definitely be at the November meeting - with a list!

Susan James

I'm bummed

I had to get a part-time (to make ends still not meet :eek: ) and my first shift is 6:30 PM Tuesday, so it looks like I won't be able to attend. :(

OK guys,

Last call for Mulberry orders. I am placing the order today and picking up tomorrow. I will take orders up until I get there, maybe around 1 or 2pm. Just PM me, I'll get the message on my iPhone.

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom