O.o snake is smarter than me!

azula

My 5 month old albino ball Python amazes me! I have her in a 30 gallon tank that has a screen lid on the top and she always finds a way out! Luckily she never hides or gets far. At first she would just push her head on the screen and get out. ( not a light lid! Its very heave) so then I taped it down and low and behold she would scrunch her little head up under the lid and keep pushing till the tape would loosen and get out that way.. so tonight I put a book on top of it and im sitting here watching her push through the scfeen lid once again! Ack! She really hates being in her cage. And all of this happens after letting her out for an hour before I got to bed and yet she still has tons of escapeing energy! Ahh meeko your lucky I love you!

To ensure her safety, you can invest in lid locks for screen tops.

It's very possible that something is not right in her enclosure and she wants to get away from it. Temps, maybe? Humidity, or lack of. Does she have a hiding place in both gradients ..cool end and warm end? Are there mites in her cage, or on her? Is there a poo in there? (One of my snakes gets really antsy when she makes a stinky in her house. She wants no part of it and tries her best to get out.)

Check your husbandry. Good luck!

Last edited:
Two hides on both ends. Heating pad on one end covering half of her hide and half on water dish to promote humidity. No poo as I clean it out after she goes. No mites, no sickness whatsoever. High heat pad temp of 89 and low temp of usually about 65 to 70. Mist her cage usually once a day. All my other snakes have the same husbandry and all are fine but meeko is seriously the friendliest snake I have ever seen. She absolutely loves to be out and explore, she loves baths, and just hates being in her cage at night. :) I lover her to death. I just might have to get a different lid :D obviously because she has her little hearts srt on being a free snake at night.

Good that all of her husbandry is correct.

With that said, I have a little male Burmese that would rather hang out with me than eat food ..and he has been known to sleep next to me, for hours. My female just spent most of yesterday lounging on the sofa, behind my desk chair ...and then a couple hours ON the desk chair, with me in it.

Sounds just like meeko! :) it feels good to have at least one of my animals wanting to be with me :)

Is there a poo in there? (One of my snakes gets really antsy when she makes a stinky in her house. She wants no part of it and tries her best to get out.)

hahaha...I have a snake like that. I hadn't realized she'd left a "present" in her normal cave hide, that is until I found her wedged into a hollow fake tree we have in her cage (she used to hide in it when she was smaller but now we just like how it looks so it stays as decoration). I have no idea how she fit herself in there. I cleaned the poop out and she went back to her cave later that day. While I was cleaning it up I was being the crazy snake lady and talking to her - "if you don't like your own poop then don't poop in your bed" lol

OP - your snake sounds really awesome! We just got an albino ball python as well, but he's still settling in so we've been just leaving him alone. I think he's finally comfortable here though because he came out of his hide the other night and was exploring. :)

That's cute!

I tease my Mooka about her fear of the stinky, too! Of course, she's a Burm so the size is "impressive" alone ..nevermind the aroma :eek:

That's cute!

I tease my Mooka about her fear of the stinky, too! Of course, she's a Burm so the size is "impressive" alone ..nevermind the aroma :eek:

Oh my! I can't even imagine how large that must be...and I thought some of my ball python piles were impressive. lol.

My husband wanted a Burm, but I vetoed him. I told him nothing that needs a permit...or would need its own room in the house. He'll just have to be happy looking at them at zoos. :p

I waited 40+ years to take the Burm plunge.. and I don't regret it for a second. There's nothing like them. I have 2 ..and a mutt that is part Burm. All 3 are love bugs and so comical in their own ways.

As for poo piles.. I think my Short Tail Python girls out doo (pun intended) the big kids, exponentially! Hard to believe something so large comes out of someone so short. :D

hmmm

I have a regular ball python named isis she is very chill though loves to explore when I let her out, whats cool is I don't need to keep an eye on her... if I lose sight of her I just spend a few minutes looking around and there she is!

Back
Top Bottom