Numbers before type of chameleon?

Mr Wilson

We've been wondering what do the numbers mean before your chameleons you own? Such as 1.0 Panther, 1.2 Veiled etc. Just curious!

We've been wondering what do the numbers mean before your chameleons you own? Such as 1.0 Panther, 1.2 Veiled etc. Just curious!

in the case 1.1 that means you have a male and female. if the case is 1.0 or 0.1 that means you only have 1 female or male. if its 1.2 or 3 and so on, that means you have 1.male and as many females as it says. The first number stands for the male, the second number stands for the females

in the case 1.1 that means you have a male and female. if the case is 1.0 or 0.1 that means you only have 1 female or male. if its 1.2 or 3 and so on, that means you have 1.male and as many females as it says. The first number stands for the male, the second number stands for the females

and to continue...1.2.14 14 would be unknown or babies

heres how it goes

1.0 one male

0.1 one female

0.0.1 one unsexed or juvenile

0.0.0.1 one egg

so 1.2.7.25 would be 1 male, 2 females, 7 unsexed/juveniles, and 25 eggs.

Holy cow, that's what it means?!?! We were thinking maybe it meant the age haha. We were thinking 1.1 meant 1 year 1 month old haha.

Learn something new every day!

Holy cow, that's what it means?!?! We were thinking maybe it meant the age haha. We were thinking 1.1 meant 1 year 1 month old haha.

Learn something new every day!

Thats what I first thought! Then I thought " How could a cham be 1.1.0.0.25 years old??? "

Then it hit me, like a greyhound bus. They couldn't.

HAHA Then it would be like going into weeks, days, minutes, seconds... haha. I'm glad I know what that means now!

heres how it goes

1.0 one male

0.1 one female

0.0.1 one unsexed or juvenile

0.0.0.1 one egg

so 1.2.7.25 would be 1 male, 2 females, 7 unsexed/juveniles, and 25 eggs.

This last one is new to me; since when does the 0.0.0.x exist? I don't believe eggs and potential offspring are counted as they are not actually alive.

This last one is new to me; since when does the 0.0.0.x exist? I don't believe eggs and potential offspring are counted as they are not actually alive.

They are viable for life thought! I think they should be there!

Ask Sabrina, shes the one who enlightened me on that, I had never heard of it before either. But what do you know, you got the genus wrong name for R. brevicaudatus. (just friendly fire, we all make mistakes, I just cant get over YOU captain awesome making a mistake :rolleyes::p)

So what you are saying is, "Don't count your Lizards before they hatch" :D:D
Paraphasing an old idiom....:)

Ask Sabrina, shes the one who enlightened me on that, I had never heard of it before either. But what do you know, you got the genus wrong name for R. brevicaudatus. (just friendly fire, we all make mistakes, I just cant get over YOU captain awesome making a mistake :rolleyes::p)

LOL OOOOH ask Sabrina....... :rolleyes:

LOL yoza717 :D

So what you are saying is, "Don't count your Lizards before they hatch" :D:D
Paraphasing an old idiom....:)

Exactly.

bragging rights of course.

Exactly!

Wow. And I find it amusing when you correct everyone else about scientific names when your signature has several. :p

Back
Top Bottom