Noticed this today on Cham's Casque

Haven27

hey guys! I have some concern for my little guy MoJo.
He started shedding this past week. I've been taking pictures because I thought his casque looked fuller than normal and I've read that's where they store water so I thought cool I'll capture this as a memory. Then today I noticed something off about his upper casque. I'll post before and today pics. Is this just because of shedding?? This pic is from midnight last night
image.png

Last edited:
hey guys! I have some concern for my little guy MoJo.
He started shedding this past week. I've been taking pictures because I thought his casque looked fuller than normal and I've read that's where they store water so I thought cool I'll capture this as a memory. Then today I noticed something off about his upper casque. I'll post before and today pics. Is this just because of shedding??View attachment 161227

This is the after picture this morning. The previous was from midnight before I turned off his lights.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 86
This is the after picture this morning. The previous was from midnight before I turned off his lights.
And here is this one.
His casque seems to have lost its lumps and turned thinner. I'm concerned!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 103
Looks like a burn. It doesn't look too bad, but keep an eye on it for any swelling or oozing, which could be signs of infection.

This is a very common location for a burn on veileds. Check the temperature at his basking spot and drop it down and inch or two so he can't overhead his head like a dummy. Chameleons don't have great temperature receptors in the skin and can burn themselves fairly easily if the light is too hot.

Looks like a burn. It doesn't look too bad, but keep an eye on it for any swelling or oozing, which could be signs of infection.

This is a very common location for a burn on veileds. Check the temperature at his basking spot and drop it down and inch or two so he can't overhead his head like a dummy. Chameleons don't have great temperature receptors in the skin and can burn themselves fairly easily if the light is too hot.
Ohhh thank you! I hope it's only that! He hasn't had a problem with it being too hot before. The upper- middle temp of his kennel is 80-82 Fahrenheit so that makes his upper-upper kennel about 92-95. I moved his little vine down about 2 inches. Hopefully he heals and keeps his lovely casque pretty as normal. I rubbed some silver sulfadiazine on it to help because I feared it was necrosis from a bizarre onset of dry gangrene. Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom