Not your typical ant problem

Oh I know about ants! Those things are positively vexing. I don't know how they find so many places to penetrate the house! We would use traps and such, but still, it was bad. The traps worked the best. We had regular black ants, but anything worse and we would have gotten the house sprayed.
I agree with the extermination. They can be such a pain to get rid of once they have a large population, and they leave chemical trails throughout the inside and outside of the house. That is why you have to get rid of every. single. one. I wish you luck, and I hope it gets resolved soon! :):confused:

Like I said before go to doyourownpestcontrol.com they have the same product professionals use but without the heafty price tag literally spray a house with 4-7 gallons of product cost u like 40-60 dollars for a “pro” to do it when the product cost 10-15.00

Honestly, hire an exterminator to spray the outside of the house every month or so. It’s worth the $40 a month I pay. I’ve never had spiders or ants inside...ever. I say kill em all.
That will be a last resort since we have animals/pets and small kids. Plus lots of wildlife since we're out in the country.

If those are carpenter ants you wanna take care of that right away. They cause a lot of damage. I would complain to the business that did your inspection. They should have caught a carpenter ant problem.
I believe they are, but not 100%. Before we bought the property, we toured several times and didn't see any ants at all. Actually until we had several days of straight rain. We did get the house inspected (boy was that expensive) and my wife and I both felt he did a terrific job. Emailed a 60+ page documenting and photographing everything that raised concerns and listed them in order of necessity.

Like I said before go to doyourownpestcontrol.com they have the same product professionals use but without the heafty price tag literally spray a house with 4-7 gallons of product cost u like 40-60 dollars for a “pro” to do it when the product cost 10-15.00
I will check out the site, thanks!

You should get expert to identify one or a few to make sure not a carpenter ant. They will eat wood in house. Did you have a licensed inspector check house before buying? Otherwise try suggestions above. Good luck.
AFAIK, they don't actually eat wood but remove it for tunneling and such. Our house inspection was done by a licensed contractor that we feel comfortable with. Like I mentioned above, we didn't see a single ant until after several days of rain. And I have yet to see any visible trails. They are crawling around randomly and mostly upstairs.

Back
Top Bottom