Not using his legs :(

Rose201

Hi, my chameleon is going to the vet tomorrow but i need some opinions. I found my chameleon hanging from his branch and i tried helping him up because hes not a very good climber and he wouldn't grab with his back legs. One of his knees is bigger than the other and he lets the swollen leg drag behind him. I gave him water by hand in case it is constipation. I felt his spine and it seems straight and he can still grip a little and his tail curls sometimes. Im not one to say but this is what ive noticed. His skin has turned black but it has receded some since i first found him like that. Let me know what you guys think. (I covered his face with my hand so the flash doesnt hurt his eyes)

Attachments

• 0999BF0B-7B78-4313-95C6-3DF71734D507.jpeg
    0999BF0B-7B78-4313-95C6-3DF71734D507.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 120
  • A089FF59-44A5-4989-AE5E-C379B337A13E.jpeg
    A089FF59-44A5-4989-AE5E-C379B337A13E.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 106
Please fill this out and pos full photos of your chameleon and his enclosure!

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Looks like the chameleon is dying... Although you blocked the head so we can not see it. Can you please post a picture of the entire chameleon? From the back feet looks like you have a female and not a male. I suspect she is eggbound.

Looks like the chameleon is dying... Although you blocked the head so we can not see it. Can you please post a picture of the entire chameleon? From the back feet looks like you have a female and not a male. I suspect she is eggbound.

Attachments

• 2942BA83-0D28-4D5A-890F-5F1982DE7782.jpeg
    2942BA83-0D28-4D5A-890F-5F1982DE7782.jpeg
    686.2 KB · Views: 112
So you have a female. She looks to be egg bound... Looks like she has MBD as well. You need a reptile Vet now not later. The darkening of the back end could be from a fall and spinal injury. Or if she is egg bound it could be due to that. Unfortunately while we can help you with your husbandry we can not help with this. Right now eyes are not sunk in which means she is still fighting. you need to remove the rock from the box...

Back
Top Bottom