Not sure why

MissDibs

I got myself a baby veiled Chameleon last week is 3 months I think.
Every time I turn the lights on she goes dark green. When i turn off everything after 11hours and the heat she goes back to being her brighter green.
I was given a mesh enclosure with her which the breeder had for all her Chameleons I mist twice a day don't know if she drinks it as I haven't seen her. She eats everything I give her dusting in the calcium powder the breeder gave but now I also have 3 other powders she can take along with my bearded dragon. I don't understand why every time I turn the lights on she goes dark and when off goes brighter. Feel like I'm making her miserable but don't know why. She also shed a few days ago which adds to my worry as I've only had her a week.

Attachments

• 20230308_132605.jpg
    20230308_132605.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 47
My veiled goes light green when sleeping. darker color to absorb uvb and heat better. Sorry to say this but you need to get the fake plants out of there veiled are bad about eatting plants. Only have veiled safe plants in there.

Attachments

• IMG_5190.jpg
    IMG_5190.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 44
I've moved her light into a different corner and she's gone light again so may have had placement wrong. That's what the women gave me but il definitely replace with safer ones because I also think it's absorbing the mist I've been doing I'm quite paranoid she isnt drinking enough at the minute. I'm currently trying to find a site I can get her food and better plants from as my local pets at home shop is awful.

Back
Top Bottom