NOT sure where to put this maybe classifieds?

Kansascity

Of course don’t want some random weirdo coming into my home, but I would love to be able to have or hire someone to come in my home, to show me what I am doing right or wrong with my Chams, any ideas? No issues at the moment (fingers crossed), but still.

If you have researched on this forum on how to care for your chameleon and what you need for your set up then you proably really don't need someone coming to your home! Post some pics of your set up and your chameleon for everyone to critique. Also you can fill out the ask for help form in the health clinic if you are skeptical that you are doing something wrong. We are all here to help one another.

whyyyy dont you just post pictures and a detailed list of your daily husbandry routine??????? start small before going big.

whyyyy dont you just post pictures and a detailed list of your daily husbandry routine??????? start small before going big.

Um, Just don’t want to fail is all. I am constantly monitoring, doing any and everything but have created some huge messes since starting the drip system which has caused me to have to clean already 2 habitats twice the past 3 days! I can drill holes in the tables they are placed on. I have friends coming over tonight well now so I will take pics in the am and use this thread to show u all in detail, there are a few pics though if you just look through my threads I have started.

Well you can spend money on having one person come in, not knowing for sure they're knowledge/experience level (possibly just in it for the money). Or you can fill out the form as detailed as possible with pictures and get feedback from multiple people for free... :)

Fill this out and we can help :)

Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
* Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
* Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
* Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
* Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
* Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
* History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
* Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
* Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
* Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
* Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
* Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
* Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Pictures are helpful

Are you capable of coming upo with a drainage system for your enclosures, that would make the wet environment part less messy

* Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? 3month old female veiled, 2month old male veiled (both in my care for over 1 week), 3 month old Exotic Panther - The father is 100% Ambilobe . His Mother is a combination of 50% Ambilobe, 25% Nose Be, and 25% Ambanja (in my care for less then a week).
* Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Besides just taking them out of there shipping boxes I haven’t since they are still adjusting to their new environments. However last night for the first time handled my Panther only for a minute, I noticed he was becoming stressed so I placed him back.
* Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? Crickets, Fruit fly, Horn worms main staple though are crickets
What amount 10-15 Crickets per day?
What is the schedule?8am-2pm-and 7pm
How are you gut-loading your feeders? Kale, Collards, carrots, and apples
* Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? every feed Stickey tongue farms-Mineral-all (phosphorus free w/vit D-3)
* Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? slow drip, and hand misting How often and how long to you mist? 3-5 times per for 5 minutes per misting session. Do you see your chameleon drinking?Yes
* Fecal Description - dark in color with small speck of white at the end. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? No, not by my exotic vet anyway.
* History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Non unless u would like to know where they were purchased from.

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? All three are screen cages My panther and male veiled have the same type of cage 28h x 15”dx15 3/4’w purchased from sandfiredragonranch, my female is currently in zoo meds 16" x 16" x 20”
* Lighting - What brand Zoo med 12" Naturalistic Terrarium Hood and flukers , model, and types of lighting are you using 5.0 UVB compact- 100 Watt bulbs for heating.
What is your daily lighting schedule? Lights on at 8am lights off at 8pm sometimes I may be a little late at night.
* Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)?70-85F Lowest overnight temp 62F? How do you measure these temps? Digital meter
* Humidity - What are your humidity levels?usually per cage has a average range between 60-80%
How are you creating and maintaining these levels? Using a vapor cool mist humidifier and Misting.
What do you use to measure humidity? hydrometer
* Plants - Are you using live plants? Yes.
If so, what kind? Weeping ficus, Asparagus fern, Gardenia, Hibiscuses soon to arrive this week, Purple Velvet, Jade tree, Lavender, Sensitive plant
* Placement - Where is your cage located?located in my private sitting room Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas--no? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? 3 feet or a little more
* Location - Where are you geographically located? NOVA is short for Northern, VA :eek: took forever to fill this form in, if I missed something please ask away I will be posting pics in the next hour.

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. What am I doing wrong if anything? and need to come up with a simple drainage solution. I can not drill any holes in the furniture their cages are on.

You feed them 3 times a day? I think that you should cut out the 7PM feeding as it is recommended that they have 4 hours of basking time to digest their food.

For supplementation, you want to dust with calcium without D3 almost everyday, and with D3 only twice a month. And then something like Reptivite twice a month.

A simple drainage system would be raising your plants off the cage floor and then putting something underneat to catch the water.

You feed them 3 times a day? I think that you should cut out the 7PM feeding as it is recommended that they have 4 hours of basking time to digest their food.

For supplementation, you want to dust with calcium without D3 almost everyday, and with D3 only twice a month. And then something like Reptivite twice a month.

A simple drainage system would be raising your plants off the cage floor and then putting something underneat to catch the water.

Thanks for tuning me in about the supplementation I order 90 percent of my supplies, feeders, and equipment from recommended sites from this Forum! So I will order another calcium w/out D-3, and cut the 7pm feed.

Here are the pics I will start with my male veiled and female veiled (still no name for these to, The panther my kids decided for me Rango! Go figure.) Sorry, in advance for the crappy pics not impressed with the new Iphone and I am an apple LOVER! Anyhow I will get the D-90 out in a bit.

Thanks for tuning me in about the supplementation I order 90 percent of my supplies, feeders, and equipment from recommended sites from this Forum! So I will order another calcium w/out D-3, and cut the 7pm feed.

I usually feed just in the mornings and it works out for me. Sometimes I get a second feeding in but that's almost like a treat for them.

One thing I would change is the lighting. I think your heat lamps should be angled and I think you will want to change the lighting fixture for the heat lamps. Those fixtures are meant for CFL lamo, thats why they are so deep. You can get cheaper fixtures at Home Depot or Lowe's. I would also change the heat lamps to PAR20 50w lamps, you can find those at Home Depot as well. Now about the UVB lamps. They are CFL (compact fluorescent lamps) and in general, not a good idea. The killer issue with CFLs have been worked out with the Zoo Med brand, but nothing has been done about the basic characteristic of the lamps very high intensity of UVB near the lamp and quick decline as you move away. Linear lamps are a tried and true method of providing UVB for animals. The formula used in the phosphor works well and has stood the test of much scrutiny.

You should angle the lights so that the chameleon can get both UVB and heat at the same time:

lightexample.jpg

KevinZamp07_05_20103973RSRC.jpg

Back
Top Bottom