Not sure whats wrong

Brokaylacham

Established Member
So for Christmas i got him brand new huge cage thinking he would love it but yesterday all he did was stay low to the ground and i tried feeding him but he didnt budge, im not really an expert on shedding but he is around that time of about to shed but could it be something else? He wasnt like this with his old cage.

So for Christmas i got him brand new huge cage thinking he would love it but yesterday all he did was stay low to the ground and i tried feeding him but he didnt budge, im not really an expert on shedding but he is around that time of about to shed but could it be something else? He wasnt like this with his old cage.
Provide extra foliage and branches, I saw on your other thread that he needed more vines and branches. Happy Chameleon Keeping!!! :):p:D:):D:p

If his old cage was much smaller then the new one, and if it wasn’t a gradual transition, one of the reasons he is a bit sulky is possibly because it is new bigger terrain, and he’s not sure how to adjust to it yet. Over time your Cham will definitely warm up and feel more comfortable in his new cage!

Double check your temperatures to be sure your lights are providing the proper temperature gradient. If that is ok and you have good hiding spots with good coverage then you may just have to give him a couple days to adjust just like he did when you first got him.

Yeah i definitely need to get him more vines and leafs, my dad gets payed on Thursday so thats when we're going to go buy some. And about the lights, my family ordered some really great lights off of Amazon to go with the cage as a gift, but when they arrived they were broken! We returned them but i don't know when they'll come. I just sprayed him water and he drank fine so im sure it was just that he needs to get used to his new cage. Thank you everyone!

Back
Top Bottom