Not sure the age of my son's chameleon...help!

Sweetcamo

We recently purchased a beautiful chameleon for my son. I was so caught up in trying to make sure that we got all that was needed to care for her, that I forgot to ask how old she is. Is there a way to tell? Her body (w/o tail) is 3" and total length (with tail) is 6.5". Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 270
I would also say about 4 months , My Female veiled at about 5 months started to grow spurs on the back feet , turned out to be a male. So keep an eye for little nubbins on the back heel, I had already made an egg laying bin that now I won't be needing. Check the husbandry section about egg laying, you need to give her a place to go to keep her happy and healthy , good luck!

Maybe it's just me.... but she looks like she might have MBD (front left leg). Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

Maybe it's just me.... but she looks like she might have MBD (front left leg). Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

unfortunately, i think i see it as well.
make sure you are supplementing correctly and providing good gutloaded foods!

Good catch on the MBD. You will need to correct the balance of nutrients and then follow a proper gutloading and supplementing get scheduled and provide proper temps and UVB listing to prevent it from returning.

Also beware that should lay eggs without having mated once she's mature so you should put a proper egglaying setup in her cage once she's sexually mature.

Bumping this in the hopes Sweetchamo reads this and learns of the MBD her chameleon has. The sooner she starts treating, the better. Can't tell for sure but it Looks like the MBD is not too advanced yet.

Thanks for all the help and I will look into the MBD. We have only had her for a little over a week, so this is all new. The pet store must not have done a good job of taking care of her and I will do my best to get her healed.

Back
Top Bottom