Not sure how to cover sides of cage with dragon ledges installed?

PlanetRemulak

Avid Member
So about that exceeding the 5 post per month charge - are you guys going to bill me or..?

My dragon ledges came in today (yay)! Only thing is.. I didn’t really think through how I was going to mount them and then cover 3 sides of my cage with either plastic sheeting or window insulation film. I also already put together my Reptibreeze, which in hindsight wasn’t really the best idea. With window insulation film, should I put it over the 3 sides of the cage I want to cover first and THEN install the dragon ledges? I don’t want to rip the film. Same thing applies to coroplast/plastic sheeting. Should I attach it to the cage sides first and then install the dragon ledges? Or maybe cut it in pieces to fit above and under the bracers?

Apparently, I will be an abundance of stupid questions all summer long. 😁

I also have dragon strand ledges in my 2x2x4-ft cage. The best thing to do is put vertical thick branches and then tie them with zip ties to plants
20210722_162750.jpg

So about that exceeding the 5 post per month charge - are you guys going to bill me or..?

My dragon ledges came in today (yay)! Only thing is.. I didn’t really think through how I was going to mount them and then cover 3 sides of my cage with either plastic sheeting or window insulation film. I also already put together my Reptibreeze, which in hindsight wasn’t really the best idea. With window insulation film, should I put it over the 3 sides of the cage I want to cover first and THEN install the dragon ledges? I don’t want to rip the film. Same thing applies to coroplast/plastic sheeting. Should I attach it to the cage sides first and then install the dragon ledges? Or maybe cut it in pieces to fit above and under the bracers?

They’re not stupid questions! I don’t know how to do that either. Wish I could help.

Put the Dragon Ledges on first and then the shrink film. I tape down the frame and then do a little jog up over the Dragon Ledges so the plastic is still attached on all surfaces. I then put some tape across the back of each Dragon Ledge and this provides an additional anchor for the shrink wrap to "shrink" against. This has the additional advantage that if you want to allow a little more ventilation you can cut out a panel of shrink wrap between the Dragon Ledge back braces. Here is a picture of one that I did.

Shrink wrap Dragon Ledges.jpg

Put the Dragon Ledges on first and then the shrink film. I tape down the frame and then do a little jog up over the Dragon Ledges so the plastic is still attached on all surfaces. I then put some tape across the back of each Dragon Ledge and this provides an additional anchor for the shrink wrap to "shrink" against. This has the additional advantage that if you want to allow a little more ventilation you can cut out a panel of shrink wrap between the Dragon Ledge back braces. Here is a picture of one that I did.

View attachment 306173

Thank you so, so much! This is an excellent visual aid. At the risk of sounding completely dense, can I ask what you mean by this?
I tape down the frame and then do a little jog up over the Dragon Ledges so the plastic is still attached on all surfaces.

Thank you again!!

Thank you so, so much! This is an excellent visual aid. At the risk of sounding completely dense, can I ask what you mean by this?
I tape down the frame and then do a little jog up over the Dragon Ledges so the plastic is still attached on all surfaces.

Thank you again!!
I just meant I put the double sided tape along the frame as you would expect and the areas where the Dragon Ledges were attached I just taped over them just like they were a bump in the road. But also added a length of tape across the back of each side brace so the plastic wrap had an anchor point along the back of each ledges as well. Here is a shot of the taping in process.

tape on dragon ledges.png

I just meant I put the double sided tape along the frame as you would expect and the areas where the Dragon Ledges were attached I just taped over them just like they were a bump in the road. But also added a length of tape across the back of each side brace so the plastic wrap had an anchor point along the back of each ledges as well. Here is a shot of the taping in process.

View attachment 306238

Thank you so, so much! Immensely helpfu!

Back
Top Bottom