not sure he even needs help but it doesnt hurt to ask

Millerj0469

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - veiled male under a year old
Handling - about 2-3 times a week when its nice enough to go outside
Feeding - 1/2 in crickets about 20 in a cup gut load with spring mix and rapashy superload
Supplements - repashy chameleon plus without D3 every other day, exo-terra d-3 and multi vitamin every 3 weeks
Watering - mistking 6 times a day for 3 mins Ive only seen him drink once
Fecal Description - brown and white never been checked
History - Ive had him for about 8 months

Cage Info:

Cage Type - screen 38x18x18
Lighting - exo-terra 5.0
Temperature - basking 88 using a MVB for extra uvb ambient 75 digital temp probe
Humidity - Im using a cool humidifier and don't have a level I believe to be true the gauge im using is old but it says 65%
Plants - pothos and ficus
Placement - bedroom off the floor on top of 3 ft stand
Location - MN, USA

Current Problem -he hasn't shed in 7 weeks.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever paid much attention to the frequency of my chameleon sheds, so I'm not even sure what is normal for that age. Once a month? Every other week?

In terms of drinking, I'd offer a drip in addition to the Mistking, but that's about the only advise I can give you. I have a little guy now too, and he doesn't really drink much from the Misting itself, but it does stimulate his thirst and make him go under the drip I have setup.

I'm a little confused by your lighting, but it sounds like you've got UVB, so I doubt that's an issue.

Im just going to take him to a vet to be sure. its just weird that he eats well and is active but still doesn't shed or seem to drink.

If his fecals are brown and white he is drinking. He may be a tad slow shedding but has he grown? I like to weight mine weekly - well sort of weekly. It helps he know what is going on.

laurie is right they shed less as they get older aswell and they will start to shed body parts instead of complete body shed. it is perfectly normal your husbandry sounds good. you could give a bit higher basking temp as he gets older aswell, my adults are at 95 degrees or so also mvb only on my males. females get two light system for the lower temps but good uvb. a dripper would benefit your cham aswell. hope we helped :D:D

Back
Top Bottom