Not shedding

• Feeding - He eats crickets and sometimes i give him roaches. Around 3-6 crickets with calcium every morning. Gut load mostly with bee pollen, lettuce and other greens.
  • Supplements - Calcium every day with his food. D3 and vitamins every two weeks.
Ok with the feeders... They are a bit too large for the size of the chameleon. I would not feed any larger than 1/2 inch in length for crickets. and the cham should be eating much more like up to 2 dozen a day.

Your supplements though need a correction. your multivitamin already has D3 in it. So you want to stop using the calcium with D3. You will use the plain calcium without D3 at all feedings lightly dusted on the insects prior to feeding. Then two times a month you will use the Multivitamin on say the 1st and the 15th. This will cover all supplementation.
Humidity - Humidity around 40%. It´s the humidity I have in my room. At night it should go higher but I´m scared to do that at the moment because of his shed.
You can fog at night you just want to make sure your temps are lower so under 68F. you can also mist the enclosure and all the plants. Just do not spray the cham directly or the shed will stick to the skin and not come off easily.

I do not see anything else off in your husbandry. Put a solid divider between the two cages so the cham can not see whatever is in the cage next to it.

I still think the cham got wet just prior to shed and this is why it is coming off in tiny pieces.

Ok with the feeders... They are a bit too large for the size of the chameleon. I would not feed any larger than 1/2 inch in length for crickets. and the cham should be eating much more like up to 2 dozen a day.

Your supplements though need a correction. your multivitamin already has D3 in it. So you want to stop using the calcium with D3. You will use the plain calcium without D3 at all feedings lightly dusted on the insects prior to feeding. Then two times a month you will use the Multivitamin on say the 1st and the 15th. This will cover all supplementation.

You can fog at night you just want to make sure your temps are lower so under 68F. you can also mist the enclosure and all the plants. Just do not spray the cham directly or the shed will stick to the skin and not come off easily.

I do not see anything else off in your husbandry. Put a solid divider between the two cages so the cham can not see whatever is in the cage next to it.

I still think the cham got wet just prior to shed and this is why it is coming off in tiny pieces.
Thank you, I will do it like you said with the supplements from now on! Also will buy smaller crickets first thing tommorow! 🥹 in the cage is my crested Gecko and he is hidden all day, but I will make sure there is something in between them, just in case😅 tonight I will open my window for the night and try to lower the temperature so I can use the fogger (Hope I don’t freeze to death, lol) thank you so much for your help, I’m really trying to do my best and understand the needs of my chameleon as best as I can. 🥹😊

Thank you, I will do it like you said with the supplements from now on! Also will buy smaller crickets first thing tommorow! 🥹 in the cage is my crested Gecko and he is hidden all day, but I will make sure there is something in between them, just in case😅 tonight I will open my window for the night and try to lower the temperature so I can use the fogger (Hope I don’t freeze to death, lol) thank you so much for your help, I’m really trying to do my best and understand the needs of my chameleon as best as I can. 🥹😊
Your doing really well. Remember you do not need to freeze just get it between 60-68 F to use the fogger. Male sure the cham is eating enough as well. They need the large quanity of food intake when they are young to support healthy growth rate.

Also I do believe you have a male based on one of the pics. But if you want to confirm gender I need to see the back of the back feet to see if there is a tarsal spur.

Your doing really well. Remember you do not need to freeze just get it between 60-68 F to use the fogger. Male sure the cham is eating enough as well. They need the large quanity of food intake when they are young to support healthy growth rate.

Also I do believe you have a male based on one of the pics. But if you want to confirm gender I need to see the back of the back feet to see if there is a tarsal spur.
Oh yes he is a boy! There is tarsal spur😊 his name is Rumpelstitlskin after my favorite story hah😁

I will make sure he eats enough, he really loves hunting his crickets so this will be no problem :)

Back
Top Bottom