not pooping

Hoj

Friendly Grasshopper
so im just curious, my little guy camo usually goes every 2 or 3 days but hasnt gone in almost 6 days now, im starting to get worried, i gave him a warm shower and have cut back on his food a bit. my question is how long is too long to have not pooped

thx hoj

Is he a baby? If so sounds like a long time to me. I'd increase his water intake. I've used mineral oil before on a chondro with a small prolapse and a hydration problem. It fixed everything I just dipped the head in it and feed him, Problem solved. Not sure if it would work for your chameleon, but it's an idea. Added water intake should fix the problem tho. Hope this helps :)

What have you been feeding? If superworms are what you have been feeding, then they may be causing the slow bowel movements.

What are the temperatures in his cage? They may be low, thus causing slow digestion. Might want to check the temps to make sure that isn't it.

LPR08

hes a approx 9m old veiled eats mostly crickets with a butter worm every other day, he also enjoys fruits, his basking site is around 85.. maybe ill step it up to 90-95 for a few days and see how that goes. if he hasent gone after tomorrow ill prob, try the mineral oil, is there anything i need to know or should be worried about with the mineral oil.

Cut up a grape and see if he'll eat it. Grapes always make my guys go. :eek:
Hornworms work well too and my daughter has also used a drop or two of mineral oil before.

Is he a baby? If so sounds like a long time to me. I'd increase his water intake. I've used mineral oil before on a chondro with a small prolapse and a hydration problem. It fixed everything I just dipped the head in it and feed him, Problem solved. Not sure if it would work for your chameleon, but it's an idea. Added water intake should fix the problem tho. Hope this helps :)

when you say that you dunk his entire head into the mineral oil, how much oil do you use and for how long do u dunk his head?? is it his entire head up to the veil or just his face/jawline?

LOL, he means the insect :D

Just till promises to poop! ROFL I wonder if water (oil) boarding your cham is illegal? :D

just a big thanks to everyone. Camo dropped a bomb today A BIG BOMB!! LOL
i think it was the temp, i put in my mid winter basking bulb back in a got the basking site up, i guess i should have waited a little longer to switch the bulbs.
its pretty funny how poop can get me so excited LOL

thanks agian hoj & Camo

Since we are on the subject, my 4mo male panther is doing the exact same thing. I have the 100w basking bulb. Stepped up misting. But he looks miserable, his tail is kinda cocked up, and body is an "s" shape(not quite that bad but so you have an idea). He isn't sitting under his heat lamp. I don't know

Showers always help! Makes our guy go everytime! Congrats on the new little panther Hoj! Enjoy the colour change, it is awesome in the first year!

Back
Top Bottom