Not Pooping

Zion Foster

I have a 7 month veiled chameleon and I haven't seen him pop lately. And when I looked around in his cage, I haven't found any droppings, I'm getting worried that he might be sick or constipated. I would appreciate the help of figuring out what is wrong.

Do you have any substrate at the bottom of your cage that could of cause impaction if he tried to eat it fill this out to see if can help us figure out whats wrong!
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

It's a veiled chameleon, age of 7 months, owned for 2 months, I handle him almost every day except when he is sheading, I feed him 6-7 crickets in the morning and 5 at night, I'm using rep-cal with no phosphorus, once every other day he has a dripper, I have seen him drink, I spray him 3 times a day, morning, afternoon, and evening, when he was pooping it was brown and not mushy, I have a screen cage, 3'x18"×18", I have a 60 watt blue light and a 150 watt heating light, fake plants

Don't handle everyday they can get stressed use calcium without d3 every feeding same with vitamins and with d3 every 2 weeks same with vitamins. You need uvb get a 10.0 Uvb light shown here
1550458061681.png
150 watt is to hot you're burning him alive! use a 75 watt that looks like this
1550458098089.png

Not too much info in your form... It is really helpful if you fill out every detail asked for and post pics of your set up. Based on what you have included in your form there are husbandry issues. And that is not accounting for the info you left out so we can't get a full picture.
Chameleons should be fed in the morning not at night. If fed at night they are not able to digest because they need the heat from their light to digest their food. As stated both of your bulbs you are running are heat bulbs. NO Uvb bulb source will also kill him. Essentially your blasting him with 210 watts of heat between the two bulbs your using.
Supplements pic.jpeg
Gutloading 101.jpeg
UVB lighting pic.jpeg
nonUVB pic.jpeg
Basic Feeder pic.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom