Not moving from sleep spot

Anisa.corp

Established Member
I got home from school today and my dad said red (my cham) had not moved from his sleep spot all day so I immediately got worried and tried to feed him a cricket which he did not eat which is really weird because regularly he is VERY food motivated what could be wrong with him? If you need any other info just ask

What's the temperature in the basking spot?
Can you post a few photos the cage and of him from today please?
His basking is always around 80-85 and he hasn't moved from the spot i put him in earlier usually he is very active

Attachments

• 20201019_192320.jpg
    20201019_192320.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 20201019_192331.jpg
    20201019_192331.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 20201019_192313.jpg
    20201019_192313.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 95
What are your supplements and schedule? What type is the UVB fixture and bulb strength?
He gets calcium without d3 every feeding and then calcium with d3 2 times a month his light is a t5 HO linear 5% but I've been wondering could it be from the the way the pet shop kept him because I didn't get him as a baby the pet shop keeper told me he was 2.5 years old (not sure I believe that but he was definitely full grown) he has been acting normal until today so I just figured nothing was wrong but I know chameleons are very good at hiding what's wrong

He gets calcium without d3 every feeding and then calcium with d3 2 times a month his light is a t5 HO linear 5% but I've been wondering could it be from the the way the pet shop kept him because I didn't get him as a baby the pet shop keeper told me he was 2.5 years old (not sure I believe that but he was definitely full grown) he has been acting normal until today so I just figured nothing was wrong but I know chameleons are very good at hiding what's wrong
what are you doing for a multivitamin?

And this is a dumb question but the bottom of the UVB fixture does not have a slide in plastic piece that covers the bulbs right? The bulbs are exposed and sitting on the screen?

what are you doing for a multivitamin?

And this is a dumb question but the bottom of the UVB fixture does not have a slide in plastic piece that covers the bulbs right? The bulbs are exposed and sitting on the screen?
I do not have a muti vitamin when I went to buy one they only had the ones with d3 and I was pretty sure thats not the right kind and no there is no plastic piece just the screen. I'm not sure if this matters but he did walk down to his sleep spot and go to sleep so thats a little something

I do not have a muti vitamin when I went to buy one they only had the ones with d3 and I was pretty sure thats not the right kind and no there is no plastic piece just the screen. I'm not sure if this matters but he did walk down to his sleep spot and go to sleep so thats a little something
He needs the multivitamin hun. You should order Reptivite without D3 and this would rotate with the calcium with D3 each week at one feeding. Or you can get reptivite with D3 and give this 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th. Then you would not use the calcium with D3.

Anything else off? How is his grip, urates, how is he with hitting his feeders with his tongue. It should be precise without missing and he should be able to get his tongue out pretty far.

He needs the multivitamin hun. You should order Reptivite without D3 and this would rotate with the calcium with D3 each week at one feeding. Or you can get reptivite with D3 and give this 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th. Then you would not use the calcium with D3.

Anything else off? How is his grip, urates, how is he with hitting his feeders with his tongue. It should be precise without missing and he should be able to get his tongue out pretty far.
His grip seems pretty good he has had a couple falls but they were not really his fault his urinates are mostly white but there's some yellow when I gave him a cricket today he seemed fine with his tongue but not as eager to eat it as usual but when I feed him he doesn't really like to catch from far away he will get as close as possible which I cup feed him so he gets very close, I take him outside all the time but thats obviously over due to winter he's very "friendly" in the sense he will beg to come out all the time thats all I can really think of

His grip seems pretty good he has had a couple falls but they were not really his fault his urinates are mostly white but there's some yellow when I gave him a cricket today he seemed fine with his tongue but not as eager to eat it as usual but when I feed him he doesn't really like to catch from far away he will get as close as possible which I cup feed him so he gets very close, I take him outside all the time but thats obviously over due to winter he's very "friendly" in the sense he will beg to come out all the time thats all I can really think of
Ok so you really need the reptivite. It has Vitamin A in it. They need this for their eyes, muscles, and tissues. It is very important for their tongue function.

I am leaning toward him having a vitamin A deficiency. @kinyonga what do you think?

Ok so you really need the reptivite. It has Vitamin A in it. They need this for their eyes, muscles, and tissues. It is very important for their tongue function.

I am leaning toward him having a vitamin A deficiency. @kinyonga what do you think?
Ok I will get it after school tomorrow he needs crickets anyways

How is he today?
Is seems like he's a lot better i havent gave him the multivitamin yet (I will get that even if his problem wasn't a vitamin A deficiency) I just got home and he's at his basing spot so I know he atleast moved from him sleep spot to his basking spot

Back
Top Bottom