Hey everyone, my female veiled stopped eating around 2-3 days ago and she still hasnt ate after I tried feeding her right now. Any ideas of what’s going on ?
I want to say she’s at least 6-8 months maybe even older but I’ve had her for over a month and everything has been good, her urate is white with a little bit of yellow but yesterday when she pooped there was more yellow than white. I have her in a glass enclosure at the momentHi! How old is she? Can you send pics pls.
We’d love some more info. @Ares05 posted a form that I highly recommend filling out. In the meantime, tell us what species, and her age.Hey everyone, my female veiled stopped eating around 2-3 days ago and she still hasnt ate after I tried feeding her right now. Any ideas of what’s going on ?
- Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? - female veiled 6 months to a year and I’ve had it for a month maybe a little more
- Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? - rarely, I took her out recently once
- Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? - I feed her mainly crickets, every other day. I gut load them sometimes, I’ve forgotten in the past but I usually gut load them with fruits and veggies.
- Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I dust them with a world thrive of wonder calcium supplement. I usually feed her around 10am
- Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? - I mist her a lot manually and I have a little dripper, sometimes I get worried she’s not drinking and I’ll drop the water to her mouth myself and she will drink
- Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? - she usually has white urates and the poop is not to hard or soft
- History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. - her urate was recently very yellow
- Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? - I do have a glass enclosure at the moment with a screen top
- Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? I use a 70 watt lighting bulb and a Uvb bulb from the morning to around 6 or 7 I turn it off
- Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? I have a thermometer and I have a basking spot.
- Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? - I have lots of moss and I frequently mist
- Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I do not have live plants only fake ones
- Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? It’s located near a window but it’s not open all the time
- Location - Where are you geographically located? Southern California
Just posted the info, I’ll send pics right nowAgree with the above post^^^, I looked at one of your past posts and that’s the same pic from over a month ago. A lot can change for a female in a month especially if she is gravid. Please fill out the help form and post current pics.