Not eating

johnC

My male veiled whos about 4 1/2-5 months old has stopped eating all of the sudden. He ate a whole lot when i first got him but now he is on a hunger strike. I am now trying cup feeding to see if that will help but it hasn't so far. He drinks fine and he drinks a whole lot haha. So will someone shed some light on my situation? Thanks

What are you feeding him and how much?

he could be sick of the same bug(ie cricket, mealworms ect)
or it could be something else but i dont know enuff to realy help you, outhers will ask cadge type, lighting (uv, basking) temps, humdity, stress
all of those could affect the lil guy

hope someone gets you some help

iv heard veild often will stop eating crickets when there older from surfin forums alot

Have you varied his food at all? Some chameleons get tired of one type of food after a while. If you're just doing crickets, try some silkworms or houseflies.

Have you varied his food at all? Some chameleons get tired of one type of food after a while. If you're just doing crickets, try some silkworms or houseflies.

Yea this is what i thought was the problem. He must have been getting bored of crickets. Ill pick up some silkies from mullberry sometime soon. Do u dust these or just feed them plain?

Shedding will decrease their appetite sometimes.

As for dusting, silkies have a better phosphorous/calcium ratio, but you should still dust them a little. I put a little calcium powder in a shallow tray and the silkies I'm going to feed off in there and shake 'em around a little.

What is your basking temp-sometimes raising it just a tad will help. I would definitley get some silkies-they get bored easily. Is he pooping?

Ok ive got an order for 100 silk worms in on 2 day shipping. My fingers are crossed that he'll eat them haha

good news, my cham LOVES silkies now haha he is slowly regaining his weight. Thank you all for your help

Back
Top Bottom