Not eating or drinking. Help

Jakimack

So my 6 year old veiled hasn’t eaten in 3 days. He usually goes for the cup with crickets right away but all of a sudden he doesn’t want any. Tried a worm. Nope. Even a small piece of banana and nope. His eyes look sunken. I’ve been putting water in his mouth with a syringe. Eyes closed during the day. I noticed a couple days ago he looked like he was choking. His mouth was open like he was gagging and then his tongue came out and a puff of air came out his nose. Also today after I gave him water I went back to check him and I think he got sick. Big blob of spit was hanging off his branch. I cleaned it with a Kleenex but didn’t notice anything but clear bubbles. Is he just getting old???

Attachments

• 38881FFC-607B-4624-849C-BACF56FB225F.jpeg
    38881FFC-607B-4624-849C-BACF56FB225F.jpeg
    343.7 KB · Views: 102
He looks VERY unhealthy. The spots on the head i would say are a very serious burn. Can you please fill out the husbandry form so we can get a better idea of his setup and issues? I would find a reputable herp Vet AYE FUCKING SAP!

Just going by his pic it looks like some prolonged husbandry issues that need to be corrected immediately. From what you say about his saliva, he needs a good vet experienced with chameleons without any further delay. If you need help finding one, let us know your general vicinity and hopefully can get some recommendations.

Please post a couple more photos of your chameleon so I can see all of him from the side.

Cage photos might be of help too.

Have you made any changes lately to then supplements or what you feed the insects or him? UVB light changed when it should be?

What you're describing about the choking and gagging and sticking the tongue out is not a good sign.
Good chameleon vet would be the best option.

So. Just a FYI. My chameleon pasted away today. He was old. There was no other Reason. If you read my posts from a couple months ago you will see that I had filled out all the husbandry info. I did everything thank people said to do. The burns are from years ago. I’m very disappointed in this forum. I joined to get helpful info but have realized after the years that all you people do is judge. You point out everything someone does wrong and nothing that’s done right. You all made me feel like a stupid horrible reptile owner. I know my stuff as I’ve learned over the years. As I’m sure all of you were first timers at one time.

So sorry that your chameleon passed. It's good that you had him for a long time though...you did well to do that?

So. Just a FYI. My chameleon pasted away today. He was old. There was no other Reason. If you read my posts from a couple months ago you will see that I had filled out all the husbandry info. I did everything thank people said to do. The burns are from years ago. I’m very disappointed in this forum. I joined to get helpful info but have realized after the years that all you people do is judge. You point out everything someone does wrong and nothing that’s done right. You all made me feel like a stupid horrible reptile owner. I know my stuff as I’ve learned over the years. As I’m sure all of you were first timers at one time.
That's how mistakes are fixed, I'm sorry for your loss but if we dont point out the wrong then it cannot be fixed and you cannot help the animal in need.

That's how mistakes are fixed, I'm sorry for your loss but if we dont point out the wrong then it cannot be fixed and you cannot help the animal in need.
I asked for help awhile ago and got told everything I did was wrong. So I changed everything around. And guess what he died of old age. The vet told me I did all things fine. If there are some fake plants in there I’m not a bad mom. I know he doesn’t eat them I watch. So if he doesn’t chew on it why not??? I can not keep plants alive in the cage. His casque was burnt when he was little yet that’s all you see. Oh my god he is in serious condition. Get a life people.

I asked for help awhile ago and got told everything I did was wrong. So I changed everything around. And guess what he died of old age. The vet told me I did all things fine. If there are some fake plants in there I’m not a bad mom. I know he doesn’t eat them I watch. So if he doesn’t chew on it why not??? I can not keep plants alive in the cage. His casque was burnt when he was little yet that’s all you see. Oh my god he is in serious condition. Get a life people.
Idk why u are yelling at us, we didnt know the burns were old, by the picture we could tell he had burns that's all we knew. I'm sorry he passed away but dont take that out on the people who are trying to help, we cant just ignore what's wrong to make the owner feel better that's really selfish.

Back
Top Bottom