Not Eating Much?

chambeg

My little veiled is around two months old, i set up a rig today around 3 PM and put 11 crickets in there and tore their hind legs off so they cant jump out. I just counted 8. So the max he has eaten today is around 4 or 5 (there was some in his cage before). Shouldn't he be eating more? The first day we had him (tuesday) i saw him go for a cricket and had it near its mouth and the cricket got away....could this be traumatizing toward him? I expected him to be eating around 8-10 a day? Could this be nerves about the new home, or do we have a bigger problem?

Just watch him for a few days to see how he does over a couple days span. Sometimes they don't eat as much on one day and make up for it on another. What are his basking and cage temps? Is he drinking? How are you giving him water? I'm sure others will chime in but water is probably more important than him not eating as much.

Just watch him for a few days to see how he does over a couple days span. Sometimes they don't eat as much on one day and make up for it on another. What are his basking and cage temps? Is he drinking? How are you giving him water? I'm sure others will chime in but water is probably more important than him not eating as much.

Basking is around 85, humidity is around 50-65. I mist frequently, and i see him lick his lips after i mist sometimes.

Picture 39.jpg

Picture 38.jpg

Picture 37.jpg

Hes sleeping and wasnt too happy that i was taking pics, but still kept his lime green happy color!

View attachment 59611

View attachment 59612

View attachment 59613

Hes sleeping and wasnt too happy that i was taking pics, but still kept his lime green happy color!

Oh man I'm sorry, I thought you had pics from earlier....didn't mean to have you bother him. He looks good from what I can see...doesn't look dehydrated. I honestly wouldn't worry too much if he didn't eat that much today just keep an eye on him and make sure he's getting enough water!

Oh man I'm sorry, I thought you had pics from earlier....didn't mean to have you bother him. He looks good from what I can see...doesn't look dehydrated. I honestly wouldn't worry too much if he didn't eat that much today just keep an eye on him and make sure he's getting enough water!

Thank you so much! Hopefully he is all good tomorrow with eating!

and it was fine, he just went right back to sleep haha

I don't know if I saw this correctly, but if you are just using like a solo cup, I would recommend building a feeder,(just find chameleon feeders on youtube, or maybe even the forum) and put that in the corner with a vine in front of it so that he can chill their and just eat at his leisure. It works extremely well for me on days that my baby girl doesn't want to hand feed. They don't jump out and it is really useful. Good luck with him though, I think he looks fine though, might just not be that hungry today

Back
Top Bottom