Not eating for 5 days!

ivanho8

Hi,

My female veiled cham doesn't eat for 5 days. Only ate 1 superworm yesterday. I am just wondering if she wants to lay eggs or not. When I got her 3 weeks ago she's green in color. But I think started from a week ago she always shows some spots (see pics below)

She does climb to the floor sometimes but no digging at all. So I am not sure what I can do???

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled Chameleon, Female, 6-8 months old (Can't sure). Got her 3 weeks ago.
Handling - a few times.
Feeding - 7-10 gutloaded crickets. (about 1/3 inches), superworms
Supplements - Calcium without D3 every feeding. Calicum with D3 twice a month and mutli-vitimin twice a month
Watering - Misting 3 to 4 times per day. And also has a dripper.
Fecal Description - normal but no poop since yesterday.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Zoomed screen cage. (16"x16"x30")
Lighting - 40w bulb and a 5.0 UVB coil bulb
Temperature - Basking temp around 85, bottom of cage around 75. At night it will be around 70-75
Humidity - 50-80%
Plants - Fake plants & a ficus benjaminia
Placement - In the living room. Sometimes quite noisy. And it set in a high place. The top of the cage is about 6 feet from the floor.
Location - I live in Hong Kong.

Questions : No eating for about 5 days. Ate a few crickets on Friday then stop eating.

29866d1291530710-about-lay-box-20101205648.jpg

Attachments

• 20101215691.jpg
    20101215691.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 20101215693.jpg
    20101215693.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 128
I can't really tell if shes gravid or not, I think if she was she would be completely dark. However, if she is, she needs to have complete privacy in order to lay her eggs. Has she been seeing you around?

Do you think she may be on a hunger strike? Do you have any other feeders available where you live? Like waxworms, silkworms?...

Thanks for your replies.

Yes, she's in living room now so she can see me around. I can put her back to my bedroom so she can has more privacy.

I am not sure if she's on a hunger strike. I thought so too actually.
But I only can get crickets, mealworms, superworms and grasshoppers here. I've tried grasshoppers before and she ate a few at first and now seems no interest at all. She liked superworms before but just doesn't eat in these few days. I only have superworm and cricket right now but I can get some grasshoppers tomorrow to see if she eats.

deleted original comment because on second look, spots very small. Like she's stressed or upset about something maybe. What can she see from where she is located.

She's in living room from the first day and was fine. The setup is the same except I added the bamboo. She seemed doesn't like it at first (appeared to be very angry) but then seems to be fine. But I just took it out yesterday.

I thought she may be stressed too but just can't figure out what's wrong. She has those spots since 7-10 days ago. When I got her she didn't has that spot, just in very light green colour.

I finally saw her ate something.......but she ate a little bit of eco earth in the lay bin. What's wrong with her??????:confused:

How are you feeding her? free range, hand or cup? try a different method ie. if free ranging try a cup or if you are using a cup try free ranging. Also if you are using a cup then try using a bigger container. I was using a small cup and my veiled wasnt really interested and only ate sporadically. since ive changed his cup to a large tub where his feeders can move around a lot more he has been eating like a pig.

How are you feeding her? free range, hand or cup? try a different method ie. if free ranging try a cup or if you are using a cup try free ranging. Also if you are using a cup then try using a bigger container. I was using a small cup and my veiled wasnt really interested and only ate sporadically. since ive changed his cup to a large tub where his feeders can move around a lot more he has been eating like a pig.

I tried everything. And finally I found that she ate 3 crickets in the large tub placed on the botton of the cage and 1 cricket on a small cup hanging on the middle of the cage. Hope she will keep on eating tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom