Not Eating Crickets...

Jerambis

My 8 month old ambilobe has decided to go on a slight hunger strike, to crickets only. As of 2 days ago he has decided to only eat 3 of his usually 6 crickets. The odd thing is, he will eat mealworms out of my hand the second I put them into his cage. Is he bored with crickets? Is this even possible? He is perfectly healthy otherwise.

im not a expert but i heard that u should offer a variety of bugs im not sure if this is correct but thats my guess dont feed to many mealworms cuz of digestion. but thanx and can u answer my thread about the plants plz

I give him crickets as a staple, I was just wondering if anyone has had their cham get bored of crickets. Hey gets other insects as snacks every now and then, mealworms being one of them, but as a staple crickets are what I use.

My male Veiled will only eat crickets as a last resort at the moment. Silkworms and waxworms only for him, and waxworms are way too fatty as a staple. They get bored and picky.

My 8 month old ambilobe has decided to go on a slight hunger strike, to crickets only. As of 2 days ago he has decided to only eat 3 of his usually 6 crickets. The odd thing is, he will eat mealworms out of my hand the second I put them into his cage. Is he bored with crickets? Is this even possible? He is perfectly healthy otherwise.

Yes, they can get bored with any food. I swear they will even intentionally "poop" in their food dish if they aren't happy. Switch feeders for a while. Also, if you are using a food dish, they will eat free ranging crickets more readily. But...switch feeders.

I had the same problem last week with my guy. I went 2 days without putting any crickets in there for him and then after the second day when I put them back he went after them like a mad man. Now a few days later he's not so interested anymore again :D

Same problem, I switch it up between meal worms, crickets and Phoenix worms.....soon silkworms in the mix. And the occasional fruit flies

I can't get my cham to each anything BUT crix... I've tried everything but silk worms and I am planning to order some of those soon to try out.

Back
Top Bottom