not drinking????????

Tifanydalpont

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - veiled, male, 9 months, 6 months in my care
Handling - once a week, i do let him climb out his cage onto a 6 feet high tree next to cage 3 times a week only if he wants out... i do have to put him back in only when he's very calm when i do it
Feeding - right now silkworms, crickets,horned worms and supers.. 2 large silkies, 3 supers and 4 crickets...11 am... flukers commercail gut loader with carrots, kelp and with flukers calcium water cubes
Supplements - rep-cal calcium no phos and rep-cal with d3 no phos..rep-cal multivitamin .....6 day with cal, 1 day with d3 and next week same but with out d3 and with muilti
Watering - USUALLY spray cage until he walks up to spray bottle and very very lightly he licks nozzle..2 times a day mist
Fecal Description - large brown and large white... not tested for parasites

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 4feetx2feetx2feet
Lighting - repti glow 5.0, day light 60 watt...7am to 7pm
Temperature - cage floor 75 to basking spot100 ...Lowest overnight temp60 ...temp gadge
Humidity - humidity levels50-70 ...maintaining these levels live plant and misting... humidity gadge
Plants - 2 habicus plants i large one small
Placement - living room.. no fans, air vents... bottom of cage 3 1/2 feet off floor
Location - los angeles

Current Problem - HE HASNT BE DRINKING FOR THE LAST 3 DAYS....still has white pee though maybe the silk worms have enough mositure for now

i would try drip system and with my vieled i had to change the tube it came with to a green one

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - veiled, male, 9 months, 6 months in my care
Handling - once a week, i do let him climb out his cage onto a 6 feet high tree next to cage 3 times a week only if he wants out... i do have to put him back in only when he's very calm when i do it
Feeding - right now silkworms, crickets,horned worms and supers.. 2 large silkies, 3 supers and 4 crickets...11 am... flukers commercail gut loader with carrots, kelp and with flukers calcium water cubes

If you are feeding all of that every day, I think you are way over feeding himI feed every other day. 2 silkies, 4 crickets one and and 3 supers for the next feeding. If you are worried about his no drinking, increase the silk worms and skip the superworms.
If you gut load your crickets for 24 hours before they are feed to your cham it is a lot better for him. lots of leafy greens, collard greens, kale, etc.

Supplements - rep-cal calcium no phos and rep-cal with d3 no phos..rep-cal multivitamin .....6 day with cal, 1 day with d3 and next week same but with out d3 and with muilti

Cal no d3 each feeding, so only 3 times a week, cal with D3 once every week, vit once every other week.

Watering - USUALLY spray cage until he walks up to spray bottle and very very lightly he licks nozzle..2 times a day mist

I would add a dripper that runs most of the day.

Fecal Description - large brown and large white... not tested for parasites

Cage Info:

All cage info looks good.

Cage Type - 4feetx2feetx2feet
Lighting - repti glow 5.0, day light 60 watt...7am to 7pm
Temperature - cage floor 75 to basking spot100 ...Lowest overnight temp60 ...temp gadge
Humidity - humidity levels50-70 ...maintaining these levels live plant and misting... humidity gadge
Plants - 2 habicus plants i large one small
Placement - living room.. no fans, air vents... bottom of cage 3 1/2 feet off floor
Location - los angeles

Current Problem - HE HASNT BE DRINKING FOR THE LAST 3 DAYS....still has white pee though maybe the silk worms have enough mositure for now

These are just how i do it, it is not the only way.

I would get him a dripper as recommended above and lower his basking spot to 89 or 90. I keep Luie (my adult male veiled) at 89.

chameleon offered nice juicy prey such as silks or horn will drink considerably less. none the less still spray as usual and as laurie stated providing a dripper is always good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom