Nosy Faly x Nosy Be thoughts!

jojothefirst

I'm looking to get a pair of Nosy falys in the near future but thinking of crossing a male faly with a true blue female nosy be....... Before shouting me down hear me out.

The reason to do this would be to try get the characteristics of a nosy Faly but with even brighter blue.
My understanding is these 2 islands are right next to each other so are possibly crossed naturally.
They would be advertised honestly

They share very similar characteristics already and this is the main part of my thinking as you can get a extremely good idea of what the babies will look like so not out and out crosses.
I don't see it as the same as crossing any random locals!

Would love to hear you guys thoughts.

Joel

I wouldn't do this if I were you.

You will not have the same demand for the males as you would have for pure lines. You will have to significantly reduce the price and most breeders will not want to buy them.

Good luck even trying to give the females away. Unfortunately females are mostly bought by those with breeding intentions and very few if anyone will want a crossed female.

Most USA Nosy Falys have some Nosy Be in them due to a mix up in some first generation females.

You will not have the same demand for the males as you would have for pure lines. You will have to significantly reduce the price and most breeders will not want to buy them.

Good luck even trying to give the females away. Unfortunately females are mostly bought by those with breeding intentions and very few if anyone will want a crossed female.

Most USA Nosy Falys have some Nosy Be in them due to a mix up in some first generation females.

Agreed but i do believe the males would look pretty cool

I essentially did this and just got blue babies lol. It's not really a cross that produces anything very exciting, just blue panthers with a little bit of red, so essentially they just look like normal Nosy Bes with a little red.

My male is 50% Faly/50% Ambanja and the female is 50% Nosy Be, so there was just a lot of blue in this mix. I find the offpsring beautiful but they're nothing groundbreaking.

If you can, I'd just take my time looking for a really great pair of Falys and focus on that. You guys in Europe have way prettier Falys than we do here, you should take advantage of it!

Yea I take your point and that does make a lot of sense.

I essentially did this and just got blue babies lol. It's not really a cross that produces anything very exciting, just blue panthers with a little bit of red, so essentially they just look like normal Nosy Bes with a little red.

My male is 50% Faly/50% Ambanja and the female is 50% Nosy Be, so there was just a lot of blue in this mix. I find the offpsring beautiful but they're nothing groundbreaking.

If you can, I'd just take my time looking for a really great pair of Falys and focus on that. You guys in Europe have way prettier Falys than we do here, you should take advantage of it!

There are some great lines in Europe but very few (even not good) lines in UK and as far as I know the lines here haven't got any babies due any time soon.
Considering going to hamm in September to get some.

Not really no. Mark had the best male who produced offspring. I know Vicky Nadin has a male who she plans to breed from

nosyx

I am in US and I have done just that my female is blue lines and my faly is blue turquoise/white and spots of red and babies look cool sofar and some people want them cant wait to see them grown up. heres a few pics.

Attachments

• chams 003.jpg
    chams 003.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 127
  • chams 018.jpg
    chams 018.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 152
  • chams 035.jpg
    chams 035.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 167
Not really no. Mark had the best male who produced offspring. I know Vicky Nadin has a male who she plans to breed from

I don't know who Vicky Nadin is, is she on any of the forums?

I am in US and I have done just that my female is blue lines and my faly is blue turquoise/white and spots of red and babies look cool sofar and some people want them cant wait to see them grown up. heres a few pics.

Very interested to see how the babies turn out!

Back
Top Bottom