US Nosy Be

Chammy007

Established Member
Hi, finally able to post in the classified section. I’m on the hunt for a Nosy Be. Ultimately
I’d like to go with a panther like below. But am open to other ideas. Like the one below, I’ll know it when I see it.thanks.chammy007

OK so Nosy Be is a locale color morph of the panther chameleon. In Madagascar the location you find the panther chameleon usually coinsides with what we call a "typical" color morph. In Nosy Be, a small island to the northwest of Madagascar is where you will find these blue color morph panther chameleons. But on the other side of Madagascar they are a completely different color. Thus you have color/locale morphs. Ambanja, Ambilobe, Nosy Be, Nosy Faly, Sambava, Tamatave are some of the more popular ones you'll find in the pet trade. The names come from the names of the nearest towns in which that color morph is found.

Hello, I don’t know if I should post this here or start a new thread so here it is. I’m considering the Cham below. The description says
“This guy has small bags under his eyes that don't seem to affect him but price cut is for that reason”. Should I steer away from this Cham for that reason? Also how big will this Cham grow to be?Chammy007
https://tikisgeckos.com/collections/chameleons/products/panther-chameleon

Last edited:
Hello, I don’t know if I should post this here or start a new thread so here it is. I’m considering the Cham below. The description says
“This guy has small bags under his eyes that don't seem to affect him but price cut is for that reason”. Should I steer away from this Cham for that reason? Also how big will this Cham grow to be?Chammy007
View attachment 249605
No. You dont want a chameleon with a genetic defect!!! I give up....

View attachment 249605
I'll sell you a car.... don't mind that the tires are flat, it still runs!

Just no dude. No.

If you want a cham and you came here to find one... get one from a breeder on these forums. A lot of breeders have clutches that should be hatching soon. If you're just looking for a cham at a discount... then this isn't the species for you.

I'll sell you a car.... don't mind that the tires are flat, it still runs!

Just no dude. No.

If you want a cham and you came here to find one... get one from a breeder on these forums. A lot of breeders have clutches that should be hatching soon. If you're just looking for a cham at a discount... then this isn't the species for you.
I actually have a healthy budget for a new Cham. I don’t think finances will be a problem. And the Breeder you speak of, can they be found in the classified for sale section?chammy007

Back
Top Bottom