Nosy bahorah panther chameleon gender?

Liljumpman

Hey everyone! what do you guys think of this little guy or gal I'm leaning towards male. The breeder said male but at times I feel like I see a Kent vent. Any input is appreciated

Attachments

• Attach14849_20161213_203056.jpg
    Attach14849_20161213_203056.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 190
  • Attach14852_20161213_203632.jpg
    Attach14852_20161213_203632.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 193
  • 20161213_203510.jpg
    20161213_203510.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 197
Looks like male to me... I was pretty sure when you saw the Kent vent it meant it was a male... Though honestly I don't know terminology well I just know how to do it.

He looks definitely male to me and like he's packing a good sized package for a month old. He could be a very good breeder for you if that's what you end up doing with him. However whether he actually puts out usually has nothing to do with his gentalia XD I have a male who I think would make amazing babies considering his personality (not so much lineage wise) but he'd be great for anyone that wanted a friendly pet, because if I ended up breeding him, I'd pick a similairly relaxed female and handle the babies as much as was healthy for them from the day they lose their yolk sacks. But I am almost certain my guy would show no interest is mating. He has never displayed in front of the mirror or for any male/female that has come through my door in form of a rescue. Even when he was in his prime at 1-3 years of age. He honestly is an amazing guy, but he was never meant to have babies, both because I am not financially ready for it, and because he shows absolutely zero drive. But his man parts definitely work... I see sperm plugs on a regular basis even as he's passing the 4 year mark lol.

Looks like male to me... I was pretty sure when you saw the Kent vent it meant it was a male... Though honestly I don't know terminology well I just know how to do it.

Andee I don't know what part of the tail you are looking at but this chameleons looks like a female to me. There is a clear and defined dip in the tail following the vent and I don't see any signs of a bulge.

I am no expert with this, and generally do not answer due to the nature of this category, but in my experience trying to identify sex of chameleons I believe this to be a little girl from those pictures. Having said this, I would like to remind everyone that guessing should be done by those with lots more experience than myself. Everything from the angle of the subject to the age and health can change an answer. I am also seeing what Nick described here.

Idk I see a bulge but I may be wrong o_O god I hate doing this from pictures sometimes so much. It never feels right though I tend to be right more times than not I do get them wrong *shrugs* since the consensus is favoring female at the moment then it is a she?

Maybe these pics could help clarify I'm still leaning male the base of the tail is thick

Attachments

• 20161214_120329.jpg
    20161214_120329.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 20161214_121831.jpg
    20161214_121831.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 20161214_164913.jpg
    20161214_164913.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 157
Easiest way to tell sex is to put the TV remote in the enclosure. If after a day the TV is set on TLC, home shopping or a cooking channel it's female, if the TV is set to playboy channel or sports it's male.
Well it's like a 90% certainty... Small chance your cham could just be 'fabulous' but it will likely tune in to a fashion channel then.

Easiest way to tell sex is to put the TV remote in the enclosure. If after a day the TV is set on TLC, home shopping or a cooking channel it's female, if the TV is set to playboy channel or sports it's male.
Well it's like a 90% certainty... Small chance your cham could just be 'fabulous' but it will likely tune in to a fashion channel then.
Love you so much Reckon, just for the random posts like this, it makes me laugh so hard. ^^

Yep 100% female. It if was a male you wouldn't see a bulge at this age it would just be a straight tail base from the vent back. If you look at the picture where I drew the red line you would see the "male area" above this line but since we don't and you can see to the cage behind her means you have a beautiful little girl.

20161214_164913.jpg

FYI, the TV remote method works too :p

Back
Top Bottom