Normal cage basking colors?

ajs

Avid Member
My cham has darker bands when he is in his cage a lot of the time, but has his greens and blues out when basking outside in the sun. Is this a sign of him being not happy with his enclosure?

I just recently updated his enclosure with dragon ledges and hanging plants to give him more coverage

20200509_091317.jpg

He always puffs up in the morning and opens his mouth as wide as he can

Updated cage:
20200509_180543.jpg

I had just put him back in there, so his colors were brighter

Outside basking:
20200504_180700.jpg

Last edited:
This is totally normal.

Thank you!

I was trying to give him some more coverage and a nice place to sleep or two by hanging plants and running vines behind the foliage. Of course he has chosen to sleep partly exposed on the plastic of the dragon ledges the past two nights lol

Ya panthers tend to sleep more on the edges of the foliage exposed for some reason.

they are usually darker in their cage because of the artificial light. Just doesn’t compare to the natural sunlight so the sun brings out their natural colours. (Very simple way to put it lol)

You are going to want to upgrade his cage in the next few months. Adult panthers should have a 2x2x4 cage or 36x18x36 exoterra depending on your climate.

Ya panthers tend to sleep more on the edges of the foliage exposed for some reason.

they are usually darker in their cage because of the artificial light. Just doesn’t compare to the natural sunlight so the sun brings out their natural colours. (Very simple way to put it lol)

You are going to want to upgrade his cage in the next few months. Adult panthers should have a 2x2x4 cage or 36x18x36 exoterra depending on your climate.

Yeah I am definitely planning on upgrading to most likely a 36x18x36 in the coming months (he's just about 5 months old now). We're in the process of looking for a house so I'm hoping that will happen soon and I can have some more space for him to have a larger enclosure (it would be a tight fit for that size cage right now)

Back
Top Bottom