Noob supply purchasing mistakes thread.

Ok forum, what are some supplies you bought when you were newbies and quickly realized you had it all wrong?

Phrase it like this:
Newbies please get rid of your——— and replace it with ——.

I’ll start.
Newbies please get rid of your chameleon fountains and get a misting system.

Here’s a photo of Betty looking around like wtf at the chameleon fountain I got when I first brought her home.
View attachment 241601
Noobs get rid of your "basking temp gauge" and replace it with a temp gun. Temp gauges never worked for getting my basking temp.

Ok I made the changes.
Here is the update, including the stack of cash, orange cubes, sticker thermometer. The green leafy thing is the chameleon waterfall I bought, which I am still trying to figure out how to repurpose. It may become a zen corner on my desk...

I also bought analog thermometers. Ugh. I now run everything on thermostats, even some of the bug bins.

Anyone buy the wrong supplements?
I bought the repashy LoD as well as a calcium w/o D and a multivitamin, only to find I can just use the repashy LoD on every meal. Now I have 2 things of supplements just sitting in my fridge hoping that I'll eventually have a use for them and now have wasted a ton of money on them (they arent cheap!)

I thought I was sooo educated after leaving petco..... o_O ....they gave me so much info my head was spinning. But none of it was right.

I bought three of the same uv lights, I thought they were not working, but it turned out it was the dome, something was fried, like myself, yo healing powers over me. hahah g

Well there's a second mistake. Dome lights are not acceptable for UVB....

Back
Top Bottom