Non reptile people just don't understand

Omg i sneaked 110 crickets in the movies so,i didnt have to leave them in the car. I knew my huge pocketbook would pay off.

Omg i sneaked 110 crickets in the movies so,i didnt have to leave them in the car. I knew my huge pocketbook would pay off.

LOL....I thought I was the only one...I've taken crickets in the grocery store that way! I have also had them shipped to the school where I work so they wouldn't be left on my porch in bad weather!

I recently got a male veiled last Friday & I have already went & ordered a jackson!! I am loving my cham:)

LOL....I thought I was the only one...I've taken crickets in the grocery store that way! I have also had them shipped to the school where I work so they wouldn't be left on my porch in bad weather!

One of my favorite winter events here is ordering live bugs from "the big city" and flying them over on our little six seater air taxis. When its cold the nicer pilots will stuff the box in their coat to keep them warmer...they are OK with crickets or worms, but I don't tell them about ROACHES until they land;)!

My boyfriend knows my recent obsession with chameleons, and he wants to share the dream of having them someday too, but he doesn't quite believe that I can have the amount that I want and have them at the same time too. No, I'm not obviously going to buy like 5 at once, I will start with one and as I become confident and good at caring for my one chameleon, there will become a time that I'm ready for another. So would you say that it's difficult to care for multiple chameleons? Or does it get a little easier as you become more experienced? I just don't want to feel too ambitious for dreaming of owning multiple locales and possibly another species.

I got a second chameleon fairly quick after i got my first. Its not hard. Once you know what you need to do, and spend, to care for them.

I got a chameleon and after a month I bought another one. I love them both. A little after that I bought a crested gecko. A little after that I started to breed silkworms and roaches. It's funny how people are surprised that I have chameleons. People are so surprised that I have chameleons and always say "you can actually buy those things"? People think that you can't buy them. But the they get a HUGE shock when I tell them I breed roaches. The first thing they say is EWWWW. I just laugh and try to explain to them how I hate crickets and how I prefer roaches. They usually don't listen because they are still thinking ewwww. But I try to bring people to the idea of owning a reptile or at least be open to the idea that owning a reptile isn't gross or nasty, but it is a cool thing to own and take care of.

the usual reaction is i get the "oh look hes a weirdo" look when i tell my friends but whenever they come over and actually meet my reptiles they (with a few wimpy shrieking exceptions) really love them and want to hold them or end up bombarding me with questions about them.

reptiles carry a stigma as pets i suppose. i have to say im not much differant for when people tell me they have dozens of pet spiders. thats something i just cannot comprehend as a pet...mostly because they give me the creeps but i can at least appreciate that they like them for probably the same reasons i like reptiles.

each to their own i say, some people just dont get that you can be passionate about animals so much.

It's funny when I show my roach colony to my friends and they FLIP out. They ant believe that I breed roaches. Some of my friends look at them and get creeped out. But my other friends dont mind it, but I try to get them to hold one and they freak out. Haha it's quite funny. All my friends tell me is "I don't know how you sleep knowing there are thousands of roaches inside your house".

Back
Top Bottom