Non-Receptive Female

eppcheck

I can't seem to find out why my female panther isn't being receptive to my male. I've done research and she is showing receptive colors from what I've seen on Sandrachameleons Blog and from personal experience with mating chams. She has the light peach color and shows pink. She is 1.5 years old and a decently large. Everytime I introduce my male she puffs up and shows very obvious signs she doesn't want anything to do with him. . I have a another female panther that I introducted to the same male and she was allowing his approach without any signs of aggression. She is the same age. I didn't want them pairing so I took her out before they could mate (saving her for another male). I've succesfully mated and breeded veileds before and can't seem to find out whats taking her so long.

My questions

Do females sometimes begin being receptive later than 1.5 years?

Are females picky about the male introduced? Could it possibly be the male she doesn't like?

Is their any way to help encourage her being receptive without causing to much stress? I don't want to introduce a male to often if she is obviously not interested.

Some times it is just seasonal, its winter still and they can normally sense that. Don't rush her, she will be receptive come summer most likely if she feels healthy enough.

Some times it is just seasonal, its winter still and they can normally sense that. Don't rush her, she will be receptive come summer most likely if she feels healthy enough.

Ahh, I didn't think of that. I'm in Oregon so I'm sure she can definitely sense the winter. I'll hold off till it nears summer. Thanks for the reply

She might be full of eggs too. They'll do that when gravid with infertile eggs.

Was thinking that. My females past 8 months always have laying bins, and I haven't notice any behavior that would suggest she is carrying infertile eggs. When I say she is fairly large I mean length wise. Her belly doesn't show any obvious signs of eggs. I suppose that it is still a possibility though. Also, she is the first cham I tried slightly lower temps and a strict diet to prevent early egg development. I guess time will tell and I'll just have to pay attention to her.

Ahh, I didn't think of that. I'm in Oregon so I'm sure she can definitely sense the winter. I'll hold off till it nears summer. Thanks for the reply

I breed 2 females to jethro this month.. and were like 50 miles apart. Tom try to bump your night temps up for her, and set there cages close so she can get used to him.Try date night in each enclosure and a freerange area. Oh post some pics of those boys you got from me

Back
Top Bottom