Non active chameleon

I have a make veils chameleon about 2 months old and he has not been moving much the past few days I’m not sure what’s wrong and he has an eye that isn’t open much and when I put food in his cage usually he moves to get them but he hasn’t much recently just sits there and looks at them what is wrong with him please help

thank you

Hi there, Fill this form out with as much info as you have and then our experienced members will review it and advise you.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Make veiled about 2 months old in my care for about 1 month

I only handle when I have to clean his cage

I feed him 2 sets of 3 crickets a day 1 in the morning and 1 at night I gut load with Fluckers orange cubes and flunkers cricket food

I use repti calcium and herptivivite multi vitamin and I try to dust twice a month

I mist twice a day and have a dripper

he normally has brown poop with white parts but I haven’t noticed him poop recently because he is not eating and not moving much I’m not sure if he has been ever tested

when I got him he was shedding but he hasn’t shed yet which I think is odd and he has one eye closed most of the time and he will rub his eyes on things and theypuff out when he dose so

cage is glass with a screen roof it’s 19 x 16 x 22

mom not sure what brand but I have a 100 watt basking bulb and a tube uvb bulb

mom not sure temp in basking spot but it ranges from 80 at the top and 60 at the bottom I have a humidity thermostat mix to measure temps

Like I said I must and have a dripper for humidity

I have no live plants but I am getting a golden Pothos for him

he is on top of my desk not a lot of traffic except for me going in and out of my room I would say he is about 3 feet from the floor

I am in Vermont in the northern part of New England just a few miles from the Canadian border

Back
Top Bottom