No progress

FooL111394

Well, I posted a thread explaining that my cham's eyes are not opening.(posted a couple weeks ago) I personally thought it was a vit. A def., but I don't know enough. I took him into the vet and he said there was nothing he could do.(Took a day or two after I made my last thread)(he is experienced, like maybe 30-40 years)(not sure on cham) I replaced my reptiglo bulb with a reptisun bulb recently. His eyes are still closed. He won't eat or drink. When I can manage to get his eyes open(in which I have to stress him out) he'll see the crix and eat and he'll drink. I haven't seen any new fecal. I was supposed to send a sample to Dave but I haven't been able to because of that. Anyways, how long do you think it would take to see his eyes open if my light bulb was in fact the problem?(reptiglo to reptisun) Also, any other advice would be greatly appreciated. He has eaten two crix in maybe three weeks.:(

I would recommend that you take him to a different vet ASAP and force feed him until you can get him an appt. and get him there.

Have you tried to give him a warm shower? Maybe some warm mist would help him. My heart goes out to you and your cham. I couldn't imagine seeing my chams like that. I posted a thread about Vitamin A you can check on to see if maybe just a drop would help. Is his basking light maybe wrong or is there a strong reflection that is bothering him? It seems that this is quite common and IMHO a think it has something to do with the husbandry.

reptiglo tube uvb are no issure...nor are reptisun...Sun and Glow are the best u can buy....the coil versions are the ones that harm eyes

If you think its the light tube, turn it off for a week and see if that helps. There's the remote possibility that you received a defective tube?

I just replaced the tube recently so I don't think that's the problem. I can see discharge from his nostrils. It's not that he won't eat crickets, it's that he can't see them so he has no idea that I'm attempting to feed him. I'll start giving him warm showers again and I'll try a different vet. Also, is there a website where I can find an experienced chameleon vet in my area?

Back
Top Bottom