US NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Catanncam

selling a complete set up including
A two year old panther chameleon,extra large cage, T5 light,basking light,also another light fixture that you could either screw in plant lights or also do UV light also the stand. I will include vitamins and cricket bins, drip irrigation asking $400 for everything looking for local 70458 Slidell ,La

How do they get that? And can you only get rid of it with a vet visit?
It is viral... My understanding is from cross contamination from another reptile. Will not cross transfer to humans though. If that is in fact what it is I believe they biopsy it to make sure. Growths have to be removed... My understanding is that they grow back.
Could also be a fungal infection as well.

Could be a bite from a feeder.

Depends on how long it has been there and is it getting larger...

I am not sure at all what you are talking about. What is it you see and where. Please
Where I circled... This is what I am seeing. Does he have more or just that one? Is this an old picture and the sore has gone away or if not has it gotten bigger?

6FD17C80-7F24-492E-844B-1C252FE73436.jpg

I have looked up condition and I guess I see what you mean. I am always thought that that was just a bad shedding because it was so tiny and I would the last time I picked it and I put Neosporin on it he has no symptoms and bounces off the walls eats and drinks normally so I’ve learned something new today now I have to know how to treat him thank you

Papiloma isn't too easily spread if that's what it is. It is contagious, but most of the time it is through aggressive breeding from my understanding. Usually comes from wildcaughts, possibly passing it down to their young. I'd be sure of what it is, but it's *usually* not a scary thing to deal with. If someone had it in a collection, you could just keep any direct supplies/branches from the others. Even crossing supplies it seems rare. Tends to pass into open wounds from what I know.

There's no treatment for papiloma(once again, if that is what it is) other than vet removing any that pop up in problematic areas.

Thank you , I’ve hatched him from an egg that I purchased. I’ve had Chams for as long as you could buy them Many years.

Most vets should be able to eye ball papiloma IMO. Probably no reason for a vet bill like that over something that's untreatable, don't you think?

Papiloma isn't too easily spread if that's what it is. It is contagious, but most of the time it is through aggressive breeding from my understanding. Usually comes from wildcaughts, possibly passing it down to their young. I'd be sure of what it is, but it's *usually* not a scary thing to deal with. If someone had it in a collection, you could just keep any direct supplies/branches from the others. Even crossing supplies it seems rare. Tends to pass into open wounds from what I know.
basically a Chameleon Sexually Transmitted Disease?

Most vets should be able to eye ball papiloma IMO. Probably no reason for a vet bill like that over something that's untreatable, don't you think?

I had a spot of concern on one of my guys and had a discussion wit my (experienced) vet. It turned out to be a dead scale from a bad shed. My vet said papilloma is very rare to come across. Its out there, of course, but in my case I was fortunate it was not pap/pox. My guys spot was much smaller and exactly the size of a scale.

If anything, you should make a buyer aware of the spot of concern, let them assume the risk rather than find it by surprise.

I had a spot of concern on one of my guys and had a discussion wit my (experienced) vet. It turned out to be a dead scale from a bad shed. My vet said papilloma is very rare to come across. Its out there, of course, but in my case I was fortunate it was not pap/pox. My guys spot was much smaller and exactly the size of a scale.

If anything, you should make a buyer aware of the spot of concern, let them assume the risk rather than find it by surprise.

Noname has papiloma from being CH as you know, before I knew it was there(only found out well after you took my 2 panthers) my chams shared everything and no one ever got it. My vet was able to look at it and say that's probably what it was and that a biopsy wouldn't be necessary as it can't be treated and his health was fine otherwise.

I totally agree on letting buyers know, what I meant is that a vet should be able to look at it and tell if it's papiloma or something else. The bigger concern would be if it was something else like a fungal infection

Obviously I don't cross contaminate anything with him, but it seems to not transmit easily either way. Still good to be safe about it, some chams have struggled with papiloma

Back
Top Bottom