no food , how long can they last ?

Yavin

iv run out, got two deliveries on route but the UK is being slammed by a snow storm at the moment so travel is out.

how long will a vailed last, and with a cat and dog and their food in the house, as well as mini meal worms, way to small for him to pay any notice to, is there anything makshift i can put together ?

My dubai roaches have deff been delayed, the seller e-mailed me to say they cant get them dispatched. just hope that my locusts got into transit ok, but with the cold i'm worried about their ability to survive.

All of this. and they were late in being sent due to low stocks. so they should have been here before i ran out.

3 days max! I would suggest hitting up a petshop for a small amount of crickets or see if someone local has some dubias

3 days max! I would suggest hitting up a petshop for a small amount of crickets or see if someone local has some dubias

Why do you say only 3 days? My veiled have stopped eating longer than that without any problems. I have a male who will not eat any time he is shedding and he is a way healthy monster. Don't panic the poor kid.

I would try to get some crickets soon but I would not panic unless we are talking about a baby.:)

yeah way longer than 3 days, i would say longer than a week. ive seen and heard of some pretty lengthy hunger strikes.

Lily didn't eat for 10 days when she became receptive. Couldn't even tempt her with a nice juicy waxworm! :D She only had one thing on her mind, and it wasn't food!! :D

I said 3 days cause I personally wouldn't let my cham go longer then that if it was cause of me not getting them food or delay like this situation. If it was by chams choice I wouldn't force them until it got to be too long.

How old is your veiled? If he is subadult or larger I would consider cooling him for a few days to slow his metabolism while you both wait out the storm. It's something that would occur naturally in the wild anyway.

Assuming this is not a baby, So long is he has water he will easily last a week if needs be. Do offer greens. Do see if there is anyone local, or a petshop, that could hold you over with a few insects.

I said 3 days cause I personally wouldn't let my cham go longer then that if it was cause of me not getting them food or delay like this situation. If it was by chams choice I wouldn't force them until it got to be too long.

I wouldnt purposefully let my chameleon go without food either. But obviously this is a difficult situation, not laziness.

As was suggested, you can try greens. You can also use some veggies (slivers of carrot, sweet potato, sweet red or green pepper, squash, etc.) and some fruit (thin wedges of apple, pear, melon, berries, etc.).

you can either place them on a twig or branch or put them up to his mouth so he can smell it, thats the only way my panther eats greens i put it up to his mouth then he chomps on it, i would say 4 months is still young, no longer than 5-7 days without food

Back
Top Bottom