No colors on six month old ambilobe panther?

You’re not bashing them, so I wouldn’t worry about anybody on here. All you’re doing is telling the truth and that’s what other people need to hear so that they don’t make the same mistake.

If you do end up getting another one, Kammerflage Is definitely the way to go. You will not be disappointed at all!!! Our 3 month old ambilobe has displayed a ton of different colors. I don’t Photoshop or change anything about my pictures. And I don’t antagonize him in anyway to get him to change. I very slowly creep up on him from below and take my pictures. I’m sure he still sees me though, lol!!! Here are some of his pictures just to give you an idea of the quality of chameleons at Kammerflage. The last picture is of his color possibilities.

Attachments

• 5C14379C-0A5F-4C83-AE25-F022FC3CB631.jpeg
    5C14379C-0A5F-4C83-AE25-F022FC3CB631.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 7480D0DD-A787-47FB-9917-1000C50E9B1A.jpeg
    7480D0DD-A787-47FB-9917-1000C50E9B1A.jpeg
    246.6 KB · Views: 104
  • F844F036-CFBF-469A-A97E-4CA88EB1F47F.jpeg
    F844F036-CFBF-469A-A97E-4CA88EB1F47F.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 085012E2-B9D8-448E-9BF9-D91EDB7D7084.jpeg
    085012E2-B9D8-448E-9BF9-D91EDB7D7084.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 1459F07D-22F5-4717-9A24-28DF5E0394DB.jpeg
    1459F07D-22F5-4717-9A24-28DF5E0394DB.jpeg
    288.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 89C5228D-EA5B-470F-8C0B-69AA3C481431.jpeg
    89C5228D-EA5B-470F-8C0B-69AA3C481431.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 311114E5-BEB9-4B08-95CB-9F91C3EEE661.jpeg
    311114E5-BEB9-4B08-95CB-9F91C3EEE661.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 891CF725-B2C7-4AC1-ADC4-9D8A20A00667.jpeg
    891CF725-B2C7-4AC1-ADC4-9D8A20A00667.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 99
Thanks for the responses everybody. To be honest, I'm super torn and disappointed. I was really excited to see the colors develop since she just hit six months old. I know it's extremely superficial, but ever since I was a child I've always wanted a bright and colorful chameleon.

The problem is that I only have room for one chameleon. I also can't purchase another enclosure right now with all the gear that goes with it (lights, fixtures, plants, etc). I REALLY wanted a male and I don't want to wait 5-7 years before I'm able to get one. In your honest opinions, would I look like a heartless jerk if I gave her to a new home if I'm offered a male? I feel like a terrible person.
My honest opinion.... The grass is not always greener on the other side. But if you are set on re homing her since it is a female please make sure she goes to someone that actually knows how to care for her. Don't just put her on craigslist... She will get dumped in a fish tank and end up dying.

You can do a post on here in the chameleon classifieds. Maybe one of our experienced keepers would be interested in her.

There are few breeders I trust... I had a horrible experience with a breeder that was from this site. In the end everything I bought was thrown away and I was left mourning a chameleon I only had a few weeks. $800 in vet bills and nothing but heartache to show for it. There is a lot to be said in buying from a breeder that actually backs up what they sell. So make sure you check into who you buy from.

If you have a healthy friendly girl that in itself is sometimes more worth while since your never guaranteed personality. BUT if your set on a male then that is fine too. Just do right by her and find her someone that will take care of her and give her a long happy life.

Last edited:
My two cents - a male panther chameleon does have nice colors...sometimes. Sometimes, the colors are decent, but nowhere near some of the other panthers you might see in pictures. The real charm of a panther is their personality. The girl you have looks incredibly sweet. I have a male panther, and his colors are pretty good but not the best I have ever seen. But 100% his personality will be the reason I will be devastated when he eventually passes. He is by far the most friendly lizard I have ever owned, and I got really lucky finding him. Just saying...you may want to give her a shot, the color amusement wears off after a while.

DO NOT order from CBreptile again please!!!! They are horrible, we got a rescue, instead of a healthy chameleon from them, he had MBD, a broken leg and tail and was extremely small, weighed under 1 gram. Our vet couldn’t even get an actual weight because of how small he was. I’ve heard nothing but horror stories about that company ever since.. Your best bet is to go with one of the sponsors of this forum. We recently got a male from Kammerflage. And let me tell you, there was a huge difference upon receiving him. Our new Chameleon is literally 5 to 6 times the size of the one we got from CB reptile and they were supposedly the same age. Our CB reptile chameleon didn’t really show any colors either but the one we got from Kammerflage was red, green and white when he came out of his container after being shipped to us. It was a huge change from the experience we got from CB.
Also, I forgot to add that I experienced the exact same thing when I received my first chameleon from them! (minus the MBD) When I brought him to the vet, they couldn't get a weight either. They said it was the tiniest chameleon they've ever seen and that he must've been a few days old when I received him. It also drives me crazy how they never answer the phones. They claim support will message you back within 24 hours, but so far I've received absolutely nothing.

I'm seriously considering taking this to small claims court if they don't respond. I need to research how this works since they're from a different state.

Definitely dont order from them again, and dont give her back to them. Maybe some breeder reading your story has a male they can "trade" with a little extra money cause males usually cost more.
But as others have said, females are wonderful too. She will get some colors. Have you looked up the female Panthers? I just tagged you in a few different posts. Lol. Hope you dont hate me now. ?

Last edited:
I’m sorry you’ve had such a horrible experience and didn’t get the male that you want. Your little girl is beautiful and I hope you’ll have success in finding her a good home if you choose not to keep her. I haven’t ever bought from Kammerflage, but if I was looking to buy a panther, they are who I would go to.

I'm also a disappointed cbreptile customer and i feel your pain. The 1st one i bought from them was a hatchling, died literally 26hrs after arrival! Sunken eyes and respiratory infection, didn't even have time for a vet. He was also sleeping the whole time! Got another one in return and asked for a juvenile, paid the difference in price, i supposedly got a designer(which costs extra), meaning a mix between ambilobe and ambanja but the box he was in said ambilobe, when i told them that they said it was a mistake and its definitely a designer. He was in poor conditions, 2 missing dorsal spikes, injured "eyebrow".... i guess i got lucky with mine and turned out to be a boy. I would never ever buy anything from them again. And i hope future new owners do research 1st before buying. Unfortunately when you type "panther chameleon for sale" on Google they are the 1st company to pop up, sadly.... but here is my boy. A photo a few days after i got him and now at 5 months. This is only after 6 weeks in my care!

Attachments

• 20201006_162139.jpg
    20201006_162139.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 20201009_164923.jpg
    20201009_164923.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 20201116_100341.jpg
    20201116_100341.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 20201115_165116.jpg
    20201115_165116.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 20201116_083518.jpg
    20201116_083518.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 107
@AmandaS I love that you did that, thank you! This community is downright amazing.

@Vinesar21 Unfortunately, that's how I discovered CBreptile. They were the first one to pop up and at the time, they had many positive reviews. I wish I could go back in time.

I will definitely check out Kammerflage. Thanks again everyone! Every single of your comments was valuable and much appreciated to me.

@Beman If I do decide to get a male, I will totally make sure she goes to a good home. I refuse to just dump her off to a random person on Craigslist. I want her to go to someone who has raised a chameleon before. I was actually going to ask if anyone on these forums would be interested.
And I was by no means saying you shouldn't get or have what you want. It really sucks when we expect one thing and end up with a shit show of a disaster instead. Leaves us pivoting trying to deal with the crap rather then being able to enjoy the animal we thought we were getting. So I do understand and I hope I did not come off rude or sounding like a B.

I'm also a disappointed cbreptile customer and i feel your pain. The 1st one i bought from them was a hatchling, died literally 26hrs after arrival! Sunken eyes and respiratory infection, didn't even have time for a vet. He was also sleeping the whole time! Got another one in return and asked for a juvenile, paid the difference in price, i supposedly got a designer(which costs extra), meaning a mix between ambilobe and ambanja but the box he was in said ambilobe, when i told them that they said it was a mistake and its definitely a designer. He was in poor conditions, 2 missing dorsal spikes, injured "eyebrow".... i guess i got lucky with mine and turned out to be a boy. I would never ever buy anything from them again. And i hope future new owners do research 1st before buying. Unfortunately when you type "panther chameleon for sale" on Google they are the 1st company to pop up, sadly.... but here is my boy. A photo a few days after i got him and now at 5 months. This is only after 6 weeks in my care!
Your little dude is gorgeous.

Another serendipitous event.... In researching potential breeders, I came across Tortoise Town as a breeder of panther chameleons. Looking through their offerings I found the following:
If you are considering purchasing a panther chameleon for sale, our sister site TortoiseTown.com has an even larger selection of panther chameleons for sale.
https://www.tortoisetown.com/product/ambilobe-panther-chameleon-sale/
Imagine my surprise when clicking on the link to their "sister site" sent me to... CB Reptiles.com :eek:

Another serendipitous event.... In researching potential breeders, I came across Tortoise Town as a breeder of panther chameleons. Looking through their offerings I found the following:

Imagine my surprise when clicking on the link to their "sister site" sent me to... CB Reptiles.com :eek:
I was confused by that too! When I originally returned the destroyed Reptibreeze XL, they made me send it to this "Tortoise Town". I called them to find out when my new one was arriving because I never received a response, and it was the exact same voicemail greeting as CBreptile.

UPDATE: CBReptile is giving me a $50 refund for the extra $$$ I paid. That's it because their terms state that "sex isn't guaranteed". They also claim to be right about "80% of the time". Sucks for the 20% like me. I'm so angry.
Rage.exe is running
I didn't see this policy anywhere when I first purchased her. Had I known, I never would've placed this order. I wish there was a way to report this company. They're not accredited with the BBB and have an "F" rating.

I noticed on the Kammerflage website that they show you EXACTLY what you're getting. I'm impressed! It shows when they were born, their lineage, and a detailed description. I sent them a message last night. I'm going to buy one.

I met a woman at Petco awhile back who had an adult Veiled chameleon. We made small chit chat while we both waited for an employee to get us crickets (this was before I discovered Dubia roaches) and she mentioned that she always wanted a panther chameleon when I mentioned having one. She said her veiled was a rescue and it was obvious that she was very passionate about reptiles and loved her veiled. I asked for her number because I had received rediculously huge hornworms from DubiaRoaches.com as a free gift/sample. I couldn't use them due to their size so I met her a day later and gave them to her. I messaged her this morning and asked if she would be interested. She said yes. How can I ensure she's a great fit without implying anything negative or being rude? I just want make 100% sure she's a great fit and my female goes to a great home.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201123-144235_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20201123-144235_Gmail.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_20201123-150020_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201123-150020_Chrome.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 81
We are sad that you had a bad experience with them also. We too, fell prey to their tactics, just wish I had known about this forum previously, it might of saved us the heartache of what we went through with CB. I’m willing to bet there are others on here that feel the same way we do. They as a company need to be taken down!!! I went to the Better Business Bureau‘s website, hoping that I could file a complaint with them about CB Reptile but CB is not listed with the BBB, so I can’t file with them. I’m currently researching how to get them offline, going to see if the FTC can do anything and also going to call/email Google to let them know. Just an FYI though, your panther is beautiful!!!

I completely understand that you are disappointed. When I got my chameleon, I wanted a male desperately. But when I found out it was a girl, I was disappointed. But now, we have a wonderful relationship. I definitely believe that you can make one out of your girl. If you do want to get a male, maybe you know of a friend that could care for her? At least you would know where she is going. ?

Back
Top Bottom